Weird speaker problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you pull the radio out. it should be a black wire. eaither ran in with all of the speaker wires. or ran to something metal and screwed in. if its just hanging it needs to be screwed. pull radio out and check

I know which wire it is. I just don't know where it's grounded. All my wires have wire lume and tape on the wire lume so it's hard to follow a wire without cutting it all off. lol

It was happening with the last deck which was a Sony explode deck so I got a new one and it's still doing it. The new one is a panasonic. Just a cheap one only cd/mp3. I forget what model it is

I installed the new one and the last one had the same connector as the one that came with the car so I just plugged it in

ok well i need to know what model it is will say it on the faceplate and who put it in. if a shop did it it should be warrantied so take it back and have them fix it if you did it need the info model of it

ok so if you just plugged it in. find one online of the last one that was installed. and send the link. either that or you have to cut all of the tape and cover off to find out if any wires came undone or is touching. getting up to 6k rpm will not cause that due to the fact that i do it everyday

the model is Cq-cm130u. I installed this one I had to cut the old connector off and wire the connector to the new stereo because I couldn't finds the connector that plugs into my harness I bought.

Stupid iPod I just posted the model and it got erased. After I just went to my car

also did you just connect and tape or twist tape did you use butt connectors how did you connect the wires

But connectors. and made sure they were all tight. Then taped them all together. The speakers were doing this before I wired anything

ok before you wired it. that helps a little. next would be pull out speakers again make sure there are no nicks on the wires no where. no little strand can be touching. if you know it is not that then i am out of ideas without looking for my self.

id say some wires are touching somewhere.. iv had this happen to me before.

(1) try unhooking the wires going to each speaker one at a time from behind the stereo.
(2) if you get them all unhooked and its still the same then hook you speakers up directly to your stereo.

I'm 90% sure one of those two things will help you find your problem.

Alright I'll check the wires tomorow and pull the deck out and look there. I'll let you know. I'm gonna head to bed. I try doing that.

Thanks alot guys. +1 for the help

the ground wire on that harness should be near the top left i believe...you need to make sure it is not taped up without being grounded...get a screw driver, preferably a flat head, and scratch the hell out of a piece of metal...use a ground connector and screw that down on the metal you scratched...if that dont work head to a stereo shop and get a ground loop isolator installed...dont pay more than 20.00 installed...i used to be a salesman at an audio shop...then check your speakers and make sure that each speaker has both wires snugged tightly in the speaker connector...if none of those work than i would have to assume the radio you purchased is either re-furbished or you got a lemon...i will check your thread in da morning a c your progress...good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back