Weird speaker problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the car had a problem with one deck and still ahs the problem with the new deck....its not the deck. There's a super slim chance you got two faulty decks but I think not. And there's no external amp. Stock wiring in a '91 Si? Thats an old car that been through how many owners? How many decks? Wired by whom? I think its a wiring issue for sure. You checked each individual speaker and they all make that crappy sound so it couldn't be wiring to the speakers. So all that is left is the constant power, key power, and ground. Run each one to their source. I bet its the ground is jacked somewhere between your connection off the deck and the body of the car. It may just be loose where it attaches to the car and the high revs send reverberations through the chassis and cause this?

true...thats why that was my first opinion...he said he has it all taped up, but the ground shouldnt be taped without being grounded...he is getting constant power and key power otherwise the radio would be cutting out...he also has a panasonic 130...pretty much the lowest panasonic model...it is more than likely the ground, but like you said if not the ground he could've bought two faulty radios...

Success

Ok.. So after driving home from school listening to staticy music I cracked down on it right away. So first I pulled the deck out and cut the tape and cover off all the wires of the harness. Then I over looked all the wires. All the wires are untouched from where I wired the deck, and back. Then I pulled the front speakers again just to make sure none of them were touching and none were. Then I went to look at the rear speakers and I lightly pulled on the wires and all of a sudden the music was clear. It was where the rear speaker wires were connected. The wires were touching. So the problem was wiring done by the preveous owner. So now it's all good after seperating them then taping.

Again, thanks everyone for your help

Gotta love HondaSwap

Last edited:
Glad its fixed.

Doesnt make sense it was only one speaker when you said that you heard it through all of them.

Whateva....enjoy!

yea since they are all connected to the radio itself they ground each other out if each was on a separate signal they wouldnt but radios go through one signal spread out to multiple signals

Thread dead but still Alive

I said a hip hop hippy to the hippy hip hop you dont stop rockin to the bang bang boogie said up jump the boogie to the boogidy beat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back