Weird stuff at Home Depot

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by hybrid89@Jun 17 2005, 04:01 PM
don't know if this is techniclly illegal, but when I was in high school, I worked at JC Penny, in the stock room/warehouse at night. Since I was an employee, i got like a 30% discount on anything i bought. So my buddies and I used to go to the clearence racks and grab all the pairs of (what at that time was new and so popular) Silvertab Levi's. We'd buy anything as far as size and color. Then we would drive to a mall outa town and go exchange them for new pairs, at say a May Co. or somewhere expensive, claiming the were bought as a present (hence no receipt) and are the wrong size. well with no receipt, the will only exchange. The kicker is that when you exchange an item,...guess what, they give you a receipt. Go back another day and you have a new pair of pants and a receipt...I want my money back. They can't argue. Use to buy these pants like 4-5 pairs at a time for say $100 for all, and turn around and end up with like $350-400 after all was said and done. we were kids...
[post=513558]Quoted post[/post]​

Very similar to what my brother and I did for video games. You can't return an opened video game, but you can exchange it. Buy a game, copy it, use serial number (and remove it from the box so it cant be deactivated), exchange for unopened copy. Take unopened copy back to another store for cash refund, or exchange for ANOTHER game. Repeat with that one.

a friend of mine went fishing the other day. The wall mart people didnt know that he had stuffed the fishing tackle box will as much tackle as possible before buying it for $10

ok, i think this "how to steal thread" has gone on long enough...

stealing is bad, immoral, and what goes around comes around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back