Weird Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by TurboMirage+Feb 24 2004, 07:30 AM-->
@Feb 24 2004, 08:43 AM
The RX7 is a badass car because of its balance. Too many people out there get caught up in the HP game and completly miss the balance part of everything. The RX8 is the least powered in its class (S2000, EVO, STi, 350Z) but is near the top on the race track

but its at the bottom for reliability. :lol:

That hasn't been proven yet. The Renesis is a totally new design and none have blown up prematurely like the Wankels.

HURRY 20 min left to bid on it and its at 17k with no reserve.. someone buy it pls!!!

Originally posted by dohch22a4+Feb 24 2004, 12:07 PM-->
Originally posted by TurboMirage@Feb 24 2004, 07:30 AM
SolPWR
@Feb 24 2004, 08:43 AM
The RX7 is a badass car because of its balance. Too many people out there get caught up in the HP game and completly miss the balance part of everything. The RX8 is the least powered in its class (S2000, EVO, STi, 350Z) but is near the top on the race track

but its at the bottom for reliability. :lol:

That hasn't been proven yet. The Renesis is a totally new design and none have blown up prematurely like the Wankels.

there are 2 types of Wankel rotary engines out there

the ones with 3mm apex seals are damn near bullet proof
the ones with 2mm apex seals are the ones that dont last

and even the ones with 2mm apex seals take a hell of a lot more beating for a hell of a lot longer than a piston engine would

E. what Rotarys had the 3mm Apex seals? I know that there is a conversion/rebuild kit that allows you to run the 3mm apex seals, but did any come stock that way?

RX7s are crappy cars with great engines. Why would anyone ditch that motor,and keep THAT body?

The rx7 was a powerful miata. Those things handled great, just the engine was scetchy.

Thats pretty tight. I love the body and the motor is tight too.

I always thought of the RX-7's in the same class as the supra and 300ZX but now that it has that sr20det, it more reminds me of a nissan silvia.

:thumbsup:

Originally posted by asmallsol@Feb 24 2004, 03:25 PM
E. what Rotarys had the 3mm Apex seals? I know that there is a conversion/rebuild kit that allows you to run the 3mm apex seals, but did any come stock that way?

RX7s are crappy cars with great engines. Why would anyone ditch that motor,and keep THAT body?

The rx7 was a powerful miata. Those things handled great, just the engine was scetchy.

i dont know the exact models or anything
i know most 1st gens had 3mm... most 2nd gens had 2mm... not too sure about 3rd gens

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Feb 24 2004, 03:30 PM

i dont know the exact models or anything
i know most 1st gens had 3mm... most 2nd gens had 2mm... not too sure about 3rd gens

I heard it was like the 87-91 that had them I think. Not to sure but I remeber doing research and everyone told me to get an 88 GXL or something like that.

The RX8 is really a new engine and is suppose to fix all the short comings of the ole

unless the track is like a touge or an autox the RX7 will NOT last against something like a 350Z. it can out turn and out brake it yes, but on road courses it wont hold its ground
just my .02

Back