welcome back to honda!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civiclxb16

OK i have been out the honda game for a while since mine got totalled :cry:. but i am back my wifes car died on here and it was time to get a new one. we got a 94 ls in good shape but (doesn't this always happen) when we got home from out long drive from picking up the car two things happened.
1) the passenger side door doesn't want to unlock. it has power locks but it seems like something is wrong i can't even open it with the key. what do you think it is? i am going to open up the door panel tomorrow to see if i see anything.
2) the heater control only works on the 3 and 4 settings now not on the 1 and 2 do you think i need to replace the heater controls or do i need to replace something else?

My heater control in my '91 hatch only works on 3 and 4 too. I tried changing out the lever in the HvAC Controls but it's still broken. I think it's the blower motor.

If you can't open the lock with the key then there's something wrong with the actual lock.

I thought I posted in here, but I must have not hit the complete button.

The fan control uses Resistors, and only the highest speed is wide open. Each speed below that uses a higher and higher resistive resistor. That's why the lower speeds burn out first. If you have 1, 2, no 3, and a 4 then it's a switch problem. If you have no 4 (like my Nissan) then you've fried the switch (Like my Nissan ultimately did)

-> Steve

Back