welding classes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

formby

learning in progress
well i'm going to take some welding calsses at MFT....200 bucks baby...9 weeks 2 nights a week

i think i'm also going to buy a millermatic 210....

does any one have any suggestion...on TIG or MIG welders....

my friends dad owns a welding store in miami and i can get the welders at cost....

should i take any other classes while i'm at it.....

Take everything you can, and get all the equipment you can from your friend's shop. Do it 100%. In Florida ? Hell yes. Get the TIG and MIG certs and equipment, then put your business card in all the shops that you want to work for. I will guarantee your schedule book will be FULL of appointments at the end of your first 2 weeks in business. About $100 an hour (And you'll still undercut people)

I did deep-forest welding in New Hampshire which was a real adventure. In winter and summer we would get in the truck, with a map GPS and coordinates of some broke-down equipment (Usually excavators) that were deep in the woods. In the winter, we used our snowmobiles (Artic cat 250cc) with the batteries, generator and welders strapped to the back of the snowmobile. With our welding helmets on, leathers, rifles over our backs we looked like wasteland warriors from the future. We would stay out on site with the equipment repair or short-treading equipment, repairing bucket loaders and doing all sorts of neat shit 100 miles from civilization. Fun job, real hard on the body.

Why don't you wait until after the classes to decide.. You'll pick up alot of good information and if the class is worth a shit, it will have all of the different types of welders on hand. Weld with each one, learn about them, then pick after you've had experience with them all.

Just my two cents.

yeah i'm going to learn as much as possible...my job right now is not doing it for me ....

so i should ask the instructor about more courses i should take...are there different levels or categories in welding...i have mig welded before..(a fence)

and about new jobs..i'm just affraid that people wont want me to do work for them because of lack of experience...i have a wife and soon kids(one day)...so i cant afford to go into a trade that takes me nowhere....but i'm going for it ....fuck it...its only 200 bucks

i believe licoln does a welding course up in ohio. I was thinking about going but I cant afford to stay there that long. Its 1200 for 6 full week courses. I believe its 8 hours a day. Well worth it IMO

i'm pretty sure lincoln's course would lead to certification as a welder, but most would rather not do that for a living, the gasses from welding will fuck you up if its your career...

950994_s.jpg

thats the 210...i can get it for $1,224+ 75 drop ship.....

907020_s.jpg

this 175 ...i can get it for $745+75 drop ship

these are mig welders....i wondr if i should get those or a tig....

great company, but wait till after the class to get a welder, unless its a bring your own welder class...?

and those are a little pricey, you doing this for fun or for a living?
we've got a lincoln from home depot at my garage and i've been more than happy with it...

can you take some pics of some of the stuff you've welded with that welder??

and yes for a living...

. i just spoke to the guy that does all my and friends exhaust work... and i have a part time job in the works...just for experience...and then i want to try and open a company that does roll cages, manifolds, exhaust....shit like that...still thinking about it

Back