1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welding How To. TIG Welding Intro

Discussion in 'Body / Exterior / Interior / Cosmetics' started by MikeBergy, Jul 24, 2006.

1. MikeBergy

MikeBergy Blah blah blah....

I am gonna hopefully learn how to weld, and so was looking for an instructional how-to on the web, and came across this. http://prl.stanford.edu/documents/pdf/TIGweld.pdf
    It's a lab instructional writeup, any welders here that could have some feedback on it? If I ever get a TIG machine, I might do my own writeup, but this is a start.

2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Downloaded... but not a welder. :( Yet.

3. don_radeon

don_radeon Bored

My brother runs a welding shop, too bad you live across the country, otherwise he'd probably show you a thing or two.

4. hcivic.com

hcivic.com Senior Member

do you have the machine yet?
    there are some good videos that will show you how to hold it and patterns to use.
    best advice is read the manual and it will show you waht setting to use then
    find some scrap and have fun

5. MikeBergy

MikeBergy Blah blah blah....

No machine yet. My buddy has a MIG, and has access to TIG, but I want to get my own shop eventually. Welding, CAM, CAD is already here (solidworks, AutoCAD), I'm gonna need to know how to do it all to get my flying car off the ground, lol.

6. Amidon

Amidon lessweight=morepower

I'm a weld shop foreman and we do alot of stainless tig welding. Reading will help but the only way to learn is to do it. Once you get the feel for it you'll find it's not that hard.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted