well..... :D

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I gotta go with Micah on this one, NW Florida is full of mullet sporting stangs that can't shift worth a damn.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 9 2003, 12:40 PM
weight? 2450 + my 210 + 50-75 in extra parts
gsr tranny/quaiffe lsd
84mm GE sleeved IB gsr bottom
portflow sir2 head
jg vitcorx
hondata
more GE parts,
and more shit that would take more than 10,000 chars that is allowed per post to type up

very nice...is the car going to be a daily driver?

300-400 whp is kinda pushing it for a streetable car isn't it?

When are you going to have this done so u can show us the time slips?

damn nick, i just realized ive been on this board twice as long as you and you have WAY more posts then ive ever had.

btw- read the florida thread in the news section :p

asking B when his sol is going to be done is like asking someone when the world is going to end. Nobody knows, but probably not soon enough to worry about :p

i gotta take Domeskilla's side on this one. Stangs are quick even in stock trim, especially the 03 Cobra. There are a bunch of jackasses out there that have Stangs that give the rest of us a bad name. It can be a little tricky to launch a Stang but it doesn't always spin the tires. *I've gotten plenty of good launches in mine.

NOTE- Karnash, that one on Hawthorne doesn't count. :D

My POS 205 HP 1986 GT went 14.21 with me driving... tell you anything? :)

The day B actually get a B series turbo into his Del Sol, is the day I have Supra engine in my Mustang. :p

Oh, B, have you ever driven a car that went 14's? You're going ot have A LOT of learning to do, if this is going to be your first "fast" car.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 9 2003, 12:40 PM
weight? 2450 + my 210 + 50-75 in extra parts
gsr tranny/quaiffe lsd
84mm GE sleeved IB gsr bottom
portflow sir2 head
jg vitcorx
hondata
more GE parts,
and more shit that would take more than 10,000 chars that is allowed per post to type up

You forgot to add the extra weight of the B block too.

Originally posted by dcsports413@Jul 9 2003, 01:48 PM
very nice...is the car going to be a daily driver?

yup
300-400 whp is kinda pushing it for a streetable car isn't it?

nope
When are you going to have this done so u can show us the time slips?

soon. chill.

asking B when his sol is going to be done is like asking someone when the world is going to end. Nobody knows, but probably not soon enough to worry about

fear nothing but time. does it honestly make any difference to anyone besides me when it gets done? Everyone keeps giving me a hard time about it- well you know what, fuck you. I've dumped more money into this than probably 3/4 of you make in a year at your job. I'd love to see you spend 20 grand on a motor/turbo setup/suspension/wheels and do it faster than I did... starting when i was still in school, and unemployed. Shit takes time. Patience is a virtue. I think you guys want to see this thing done more than I do.
Frankly, I have lost all my honda desier- but im too far in to back out now.
car will be built, driven, and put up for sale soon after.
I've wanted a nissan for how long now? bill's stock 240- stock wheels, tires and suspension, outhandles my del sol on teins and Azeni's. there is no comparison. I'm pissed i got drawn into the honda thing.... because fact is, the cars fucking blow. but anyway...
The day B actually get a B series turbo into his Del Sol, is the day I have Supra engine in my Mustang.

you better start saving up Jody- this is happeneing sooner than you think.
You forgot to add the extra weight of the B block too.

bah, who gives a shit.
you only need about 450 whp to run a high 10 with good traction and a good driver. I'll easily make more than that. I just gotta learn to drive it... if i even own it for that long. we'll see.

ebay + fast and furious del sol + 550 whp in title = $25,000 to some stupid rich kid ricer = downpayment on my R33.

ebay + fast and furious del sol + 550 whp in title = $25,000 to some stupid rich kid ricer = downpayment on my R33

so true, so true

great, i feel a "how turbo works" argument coming on...

Boost on a turbo is weird... It'll sit a 0 on the boost gauge til WHAM, suddenly it jumps up and the turbo is screaming bloody murder!

My 46 trim, 50 a/r with a .48 a/r exhaust on my b16a would FULL SPOOL to 15 psi at about 3200, but it didn't go over 0 til almost 3000 on the dyno starting at 2k rpm. I'm kinda scared to see how slow the 57 trim, 60 a/r, stage 3, .63 a/r exhaust is going to react...

Ji, Jody- I understand you guys were running pretty small turbos.

I'm going to be running the sc63. its stupid big. because of this, i think its going to hang in vacuum till about 3-4 and then slowly, but exponentially build boost until about 6k where it should be full spooled.
but who knows... and frankly, who cares. my head will hold 10k if i want it to. we'll see how things turn out.

B, you BETTER be able to hit a 2.2 60'. im running consisitant sub 2.25s (lowest= 2.233) and all i have is exhaust on my ls... of course u will have traction equivelant to a supra w/900 rwhp on dougnut tires but oh well!

looks like this time brian owes himself a 10 second car. :D
:lol:
s3f0e65a02aeb9.jpg

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 11 2003, 01:19 AM
Ji, Jody- I understand you guys were running pretty small turbos.

I'm going to be running the sc63. its stupid big. because of this, i think its going to hang in vacuum till about 3-4 and then slowly, but exponentially build boost until about 6k where it should be full spooled.
but who knows... and frankly, who cares. my head will hold 10k if i want it to. we'll see how things turn out.

My turbo was a 4/3 so it in the same ballpark at least. It'll act the same, jsut the RPM's it boost at will be significantly higher.

Seriously, the boost will sit at 0, then not slowly, but rather quickly build from 1 to max boost over the course of 500 rpm. Seriously.

Originally posted by SiR Kid@Jul 11 2003, 07:19 AM
Seriously, the boost will sit at 0, then not slowly, but rather quickly build from 1 to max boost over the course of 500 rpm. Seriously.

i thought it would be way more gradual than that being so big... hrmpf

Back