Well dang

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Guys, what's the best way to do a Stage 3 weight reduction? Forza says I should be able to shave off about 400 pounds of dead weight. Does that sound right?

Lol ok guys Fu%&ing the game up how easy would it to put a k20 head on my d15 block with k24 pistons and keep my d16 transmission ? Eventually want to boost it - username is boostedk15hatch

I came to this forum with little to no idea of what I was doing. The one thing that bugs me is we rarely get to hear the resolutions of these people's various problems. I remember when I would hit all sorts of weird issues on my yellow teg for the most part throwing myself on the mercy of my older brother and his expertise usually got me through it but i tried to post the resolutions even if they didn't come from the forum just so maybe one day it'll show up in google when someone has the same problem and make it easier for them to fix it without having the resources some of us do.

I feel like in general if we took more of a "lead the horse to water" approach we could improve the overall experience for new users. Rather than flaming or criticizing, show them the threads where their age-old sometimes stupid questions (best ebay turbo for d15b7 300whp?????) are answered... and that could possibly turn into them realizing "wow everything i need to know is already out there I just have to look"

Maybe I'm a dreamer but i think the actual quality people, and the ones we want to stay around (not necessarily the DBS of the world) will respond positively.

Personally I just want to see more build threads. I love working on my Hondogs almost as much I enjoy driving them and I like seeing other homebrew builds. I've learned a ridiculous amount from hours of scrolling through build threads even about cars and motors I don't really care about and I always work on my friends cars because I just enjoy seeing different ideas being brought to life.

I came to this forum with little to no idea of what I was doing. The one thing that bugs me is we rarely get to hear the resolutions of these people's various problems. I remember when I would hit all sorts of weird issues on my yellow teg for the most part throwing myself on the mercy of my older brother and his expertise usually got me through it but i tried to post the resolutions even if they didn't come from the forum just so maybe one day it'll show up in google when someone has the same problem and make it easier for them to fix it without having the resources some of us do.

I feel like in general if we took more of a "lead the horse to water" approach we could improve the overall experience for new users. Rather than flaming or criticizing, show them the threads where their age-old sometimes stupid questions (best ebay turbo for d15b7 300whp?????) are answered... and that could possibly turn into them realizing "wow everything i need to know is already out there I just have to look"

Maybe I'm a dreamer but i think the actual quality people, and the ones we want to stay around (not necessarily the DBS of the world) will respond positively.

Personally I just want to see more build threads. I love working on my Hondogs almost as much I enjoy driving them and I like seeing other homebrew builds. I've learned a ridiculous amount from hours of scrolling through build threads even about cars and motors I don't really care about and I always work on my friends cars because I just enjoy seeing different ideas being brought to life.
Do actually agree completely with everything you're saying , and I would totally love to see more build threads and more posting up your ride and all that jazz from all the members but we live in a time now where forums are dying to social media and places like this that used to be alive and thriving turns into only kids posting hey my shit doesn't run what do I do or like you said let's make a thousand horsepower D15 build I'm more than happy to give out information and knowledge I have but I will not help somebody that cannot help himself do as much research as possible before asking because again all of these things have been covered thousands of times on countless forums that a simple search on most search engines can bring up page after page for the simple stuff, now when it gets technical as far as timing/frankensteining different obd gens into a car, wiring blah blah blah stuff that isnt heavily documented by all means post it up but ive got zero desire to explain out of what is required to put a b-series in a 95 Civic

At this point we all pretty much know where to find stuff on the forum I don't see the harm in just linking the articles for people that ask things that have already been covered. if they counter with a case-specific question thats when a more detailed answer could be in order.

Also the flaming is unnecesarry in any case really. If you wouldn't say it irl I don't see why would say it online and yet the disconnect between the two remains.

I agree and I will start simply posting links to things covered, anddd I would/do say those things in person lol im a asshole though

Back