Well heres my swap(with pics)*56k_beware*

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93tigger

Hey everyone, im Chris I have a red 93 integra ls. Ive had it for about 4 years now with no problems, until one day the timing belt snapped and sent 5 valves smashing into the pistons. Well long story short i decided to swap to a gsr motor. I am no stranger to working on and modifying cars what so ever. Ive just recently been getting into hondas due to how cheap they are to work on and modify. Well here it goes.

Here is the old motor sitting next to the new motor.
DSC04167.jpg

Here is the new flywheel on the new motor, I was going with a budget build so I went with xtd flywheel and clutch. not bad for 190 bucks for both.
DSC04168.jpg

Here is the clutch all set up, i went with stage 1 because I will be my dd.
DSC04172.jpg

Decided to do a little sleeper mod on the valve cover, and took its DOHC VTEC off. Here it is ready for primer.
DSC04174.jpg

And after all said and done.
DSC04202.jpg

Also did the poor man's motor mounts, ive heard good things about it so I gave it try. Here they are drying. I do have to say they look like crap though.
DSC04160.jpg

Here is the empty engine bay waiting for its long lost soul. lol. I pressure srayed all nice clean after this shot, just was to lazy to take another.
DSC04145.jpg

Here it is with the tran on waiting for its valve cover.
DSC04200.jpg

Here it is waiting to meet its maker, just waiting on a few items, ie hoses, clamps, ecu, etc...
DSC04204.jpg

And thats were im at now. Just wondering what you guys think. I also got some questions about some of the wiring, i will be posting pictures of those up later, just wanted to get these out to you guys. PEACE.

So I'm interested in the mounts. What product did you use on them?? My Hasport mounts are stiff as hell lol. Looking good thus far.

looking good so far.

Wiring should be fairly straight forward. looks like the harness you got with the motor is cut to hell, so just use your car's/ls harness and swap a few plugs where needed.
https://hondaswap.com/reference-materials/ecu-pinouts-28667/
I had to undo the loom from my ls motor cuz there was rats that got to it, but i got it back in order.
Question, would it be easy to switch to blox im then to have to worrie about throttle cable issues and that stupid dual vtec. I just dont want to spend the 190 bucks if i dont have to. thanks

Also this sensor was on my ls motor and i cant find it on the gsr, there is a spot to put it on the gsr motor but its blocked by plug, as where the ls motor has this screwed into it.
DSC04207.jpg

Last edited:
ive done it, my mounts were nearly gone in my mirage but after a few months of daily driving and autox events the WW fell out....... so i welded them solid.

i even did the whole degreasing and super prep because i am that anal, but didnt matter.

looks like the coolant sensor .. goes right under the dizzy

547129133fullmw7.jpg

Last edited:
That sensor is already there, and I have the plug already hooked up, but mine is black on the gsr motor and not green. this(green) sensor was in the back of the ls block and when I took it out, oil came out. the wire colors are black and wht/green. I cant find it in the wiring diagram. Also if some would let me know about the throttle cable and about the blox im question i would appreciate it. Thanks Chris

Last edited:
is this where it came from??

its the oil temperature switch

100_0168.jpg

oiltempsensor-2.jpg

Yup thats the one, do I need to change it over from the ls block to the gsr? cuz the gsr just has a plug. thanks chris

Heres a quick update on the progress of my swap, I got all the wiring done on the motor that I can and replaced all but connections with soldier and electrical heat shrink tubing.
Heres a before picture of the wiring nightmare that I had on my hands.
DSC04201.jpg

And here it is after all said and done.
DSC04209.jpg

DSC04208.jpg

I dont know if you guys remember me asking about the oil temp sensor, here is a pic of it, I just need to know if I replace the block off plug on the gsr with the old oil temp sensor from the ls motor. Any help would be great.
DSC04211.jpg

And hopefully if all goes well I will be dropping in the motor tomorrow. Wish me luck! Chris

Well All im waiting on is someone to tell me if I should replace this oil plug on the gsr motor with the oil temp sensor that came on the ls motor. Im stumped on if I should or not. See my previous post if dont know what im talking about. Thanks Chris

Well after 4 hours of trying to get the motor in the car, I could not for the life of me get it in. So I pulled the motor out and will start again tomorrow. Is there a easier way to install it?!?!? Ive done many v8,v6 installs but this is my first fwd motor install. Am I missing something here?!?! I f**ked up the pulley and need a new one now, So if anyone has any hints of what is going wrong, PLEASE HELP!

Update

Well after taking some time off, had school and homework. Today I got the motor in and started hooking up all the lines, hoses, etc. Here are some pictures as usual.
DSC04227.jpg

And one more.
DSC04228.jpg

Back