well i got my ECU chipped today...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shortbusrebel07

so it s working fine this afternoon all the way home from the shop, its a PW0 by the way, but when i left my house this evening to go see my lady i got a "check engine light". here is the part that is confusing me. when i press in on the gas the light comes on. when i let off the gas the light goes out. when i press in on the brakes the light comes on, when i let off the light goes out. anyone know what in the hell is going on ?

Hmm. Usually the light won't go out after it comes on. Maybe you have a short in your cluster or harness somewhere.

didnt check for codes because the light will come on, then go off after i let off the gas. so my first guess was a short somewhere. plus it was late so i didnt check last night. just found it strange that the light would come on, then go off as soon as i let off the pedal.

ok here is an update, it started doing it again today. so i checked the ECU while the car was running, and as the light would flash i would look at the ECU. it isnt throwing any codes. im hoping its just a short in the cluster.

Well, if you have a check engine light but when you check for codes thats a code 0 meaning faulty ecu... You of all people should know this...

did you get joels tranny in last night, cuase if you didnt that'd be funny...

hey brian read my first post the light will come on, then go out. it doesnt stay on all the time. nor does it come on all the time either.

Back