1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

well i got my ECU chipped today...

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by shortbusrebel07, Jun 18, 2004.

1. shortbusrebel07

shortbusrebel07 Senior Member

so it s working fine this afternoon all the way home from the shop, its a PW0 by the way, but when i left my house this evening to go see my lady i got a "check engine light". here is the part that is confusing me. when i press in on the gas the light comes on. when i let off the gas the light goes out. when i press in on the brakes the light comes on, when i let off the light goes out. anyone know what in the hell is going on ?

2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Hmm. Usually the light won't go out after it comes on. Maybe you have a short in your cluster or harness somewhere.

3. 94RedSiGal

94RedSiGal Senior Member

What code is it throwing?

4. shortbusrebel07

didnt check for codes because the light will come on, then go off after i let off the gas. so my first guess was a short somewhere. plus it was late so i didnt check last night. just found it strange that the light would come on, then go off as soon as i let off the pedal.

5. shortbusrebel07

ok here is an update, it started doing it again today. so i checked the ECU while the car was running, and as the light would flash i would look at the ECU. it isnt throwing any codes. im hoping its just a short in the cluster.

6. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

Well, if you have a check engine light but when you check for codes thats a code 0 meaning faulty ecu... You of all people should know this...

did you get joels tranny in last night, cuase if you didnt that'd be funny...

7. shortbusrebel07

hey brian read my first post the light will come on, then go out. it doesnt stay on all the time. nor does it come on all the time either.

8. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted