Well ..... I took the plunge ... new car for me

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

adnoh

Hey guys,

Well, I finally stopped looking at luxary sedans and just went for what I knew I'd be happy with.

So I'm the proud new owner of a 98 Spec Canadian :typer: #864

This car was a 5 time show winner (got to see all the pics) and is in absolutely showroom condition...not even a rock chip on the front bumper. She's got 77,000 Kilometers (not miles), was never winter driven, and she feels brand new. It's a 98 Spec with the Canadian only 2001 red suede interior (front and back) (only 250 ever made). It's got a spoon carbon fiber front lip (which I can't stand ... too low), runs on 15" Rota Slipstreams w/ yokohama avs es 100 (soon to be Kuhmo SPT), has a ACT 3-puck (stage 3) clutch and an ACT 10lbs flywheel. Engine is a bone stock B18C5. It's slightly lowered on the Eibach pro kit, and has Brembo cross-drilled rotors on the front, blanks on the back, and MOTUL brake fluid. It's also got a spoon thermostat to keep the engine cooler than stock, spoon spark plugs and wires, and an AEM fuel pressure regulator. Everything else is stock...just the way I like it.

Driving this car is just what I wanted it to be. Absolutely no body roll whatsoever ... and I thought the hatch handled well (it still does, but not compared to this). I hate the clutch already ... it's just overkill for a stock C5, so I think I'll swap it out for a Exedy stage 1 or something comparible when I get some cash. I also want to replace some bearings in the tranny while I'm in there, it's kinda noisey. The engine screams .... I love the C5, and don't mind the extra torque from the 1.8L in comparison to my 1.6 SiR (but it's still not THAT much like everyone always says it is). LSD owns my ass ... will never leave home without it.

So here are some pics of when I was picking it up (sorry, they're a bit crappy):

gallery_31005_462_54001.jpg

gallery_31005_462_74286.jpg

gallery_31005_462_26356.jpg

gallery_31005_462_922.jpg

gallery_31005_462_20922.jpg

gallery_31005_462_26465.jpg

I also aquired a bunch of extra Type R parts from the previous owner (Type R rims, springs, and the Spoon CF frnt lip), who had the car since new. I might think about putting some of them up for sale, so PM me if you're interested.

Also, I like the Slipstreams, but I really want a set of 15" Circuit 8's in sport bronze for this car .. so if you guys know of anyone who would want to trade straight up, let me know. Mine are mint.

As far as security goes, I've got a pager alarm, an unbreakable clutch lock, and the good old club (to warn off the ametures) for now. Boomerang II is on it's way in a few weeks so I'll have tracking on the car.

The car gets a :thumbsup: from me so far.

So let me know what you all think :)

do yourself a favor and put a stock 180* thermo back in there too. especially being from canada, i can't see this doing any good, if not robbing power because its under temp.

Quoted post[/post]]
so how much $$$$???

Alot .... but I've been looking for one off and on for a while now and this one was by far the cleanest I'd ever seen. $18K cdn.

Quoted post[/post]]
do yourself a favor and put a stock 180* thermo back in there too. especially being from canada, i can't see this doing any good, if not robbing power because its under temp.

Dude .... we don't live in igloos :rollseyes: :p jokes.

It's my summer only car anyways ..... we probably get hotter in the summer up here than majority of the North - Eastern US states. For example, today was around 20 Celcius. Last week was like 26 C. It gets well over 30 C in June (90+ F ??? I think...) Fucking hot!!!!

But I do have the stock thermostat here so I'll keep a close watch at the engine temp.

Thanks for comments so far :)

Thats hot. I raced against a few of those at the local autoX this last weekend and they are damn quick cars. Most of them were running times right arround mine or maybe a little faster...in stock classes. :thumbsup: hot car

Quoted post[/post]]
Super sexx car dude...
mmmmm .... I'll trade you my mom's house for it.. :ph34r:

I'm listening .......

:p

Thanks for the compliments guys. I got some new tires for her today - Kumho Ecsta SPT in 205/50/15 (The yoko's had to go ... I hated them), and gave it a wash .... it's lookin sweet :)

Oh ya, btw, if anyone has ever heard about the "Absorber" car drying PVA chamois, BUY IT NOW!!!! That thing is fucking rediculously good. My car was bone dry in under 5 minutes with no streaks at all. And I only had to ring the thing out once the entire time. The previous owner swore by it and now I see why. GO GET IT!!! www.theabsorber.com

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Super sexx car dude...
mmmmm .... I'll trade you my mom's house for it.. :ph34r:

I'm listening .......

:p

Thanks for the compliments guys. I got some new tires for her today - Kumho Ecsta SPT in 205/50/15 (The yoko's had to go ... I hated them), and gave it a wash .... it's lookin sweet :)

Oh ya, btw, if anyone has ever heard about the "Absorber" car drying PVA chamois, BUY IT NOW!!!! That thing is fucking rediculously good. My car was bone dry in under 5 minutes with no streaks at all. And I only had to ring the thing out once the entire time. The previous owner swore by it and now I see why. GO GET IT!!! www.theabsorber.com
I have been using the Absorber for years and it is the shit!!!

Your car is looking nice. I didn't know Spoon's front lip for the Integra was so damn big and ugly :ph34r: I'm in the works of trying to get this 4 Door GSR. It's Championship White with the ITR 5 Lug Conversion w/ Gunmetal ITR Wheels. Has a Carbon Fiber Mugen Lip, OEM CF Hood. It's sick, your car makes me want this GSR (even though yours is a Type R) more and more each time I look at your car.

I was under the impression that all the ITR's, wether it be USDM or JDM or Canadian for that matter, came with the 1 peice head lights :shrug2: looks nice none the less :thumbsup:

super clean. i like. definitely agree with everyone else. drop the lip for stock and the wheels for stock.

price was a lil out there...for that you can get a S2K.......but your canadian, so i guess the currency difference is something im not considering.

Quoted post[/post]]
super clean. i like. definitely agree with everyone else. drop the lip for stock and the wheels for stock.

price was a lil out there...for that you can get a S2K.......but your canadian, so i guess the currency difference is something im not considering.

I know the price was a bit steep, but the Type R's retain their value very well. I could have bought an S2K for that price, and I did look into it, but the Type R was a tad more practical because I do now and then have a third person in the car. Not to mention that my price range could have only bought me an S2K in the bottom of the price barrel up here .... they were all 00's with over 100Km's for $18K + And I've always wanted the R. I think the kicker for me was that Type R video that was posted a while back. Thanks for the compliments though :)

B16racerN2NR: All the ITR's in North america had the 2 round lights setup. JDM and possibley EDM's (but I don't know) had the one piece, which differenciated them as the "Honda" integra. I think it was just the JDM's.

wow.... so even canada's clusters are better than JDM or USDM... just like the EDM ones it reads to 230kmh (143mph)

Back