Well...I'm commercial now...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
For the longest time, Sikorsky had only one hangar...where both military and commercial helicopters were put through their paces for the final touches before delivery....and that's where I've been off and on throughout the last 4 years...

Well, they decided that they would split the hangers...and they cleared out another part of the plant, cleaned it up, painted it and constructed a whole new hangar there...and they split up the mils and coms...and they asked for volunteers to go to the coms side..I was the first on 3rd shift to raise their hand...and I got it...

It's been a week since I've been there...and I can already say....I am stupid happy now. More OT..2 hours more a day, paid thru lunches, and other percs like they redid the office with laptops and other new computers, huge TV's, and one of them has the VCR and DVD in it, my new bosses are all cool as hell, and I'm finally comfertable where I am.

I've struggled all year this week to just clear $73Ks...and I still have a month...and then the holidays are kicking in...buko OT...I might actually clear $80Ks this year...and then next year...I hope to get over $90Ks....a few more years and I'll be in the 6 figuare range finally.

My credit reports are looking better...and I'll be able to re-finance after a few days...and maybe next year I can actually look into getting a new car.... :)

But I'm still $163K's in the hole for the mortgage and the student loans... :cry:

That sounds friggin awesome, and if it's any consolation in 8 years I'll be in a whole lot of debt too only without a house to show for it.

Quoted post[/post]]
That sounds friggin awesome, and if it's any consolation in 8 years I'll be in a whole lot of debt too only without a house to show for it.

Well...I take it your talking about Student loans then....

Hint...get a job with UTC...United Technologies Corp...and do your college for free while making money.... :wink: but it might take you more than your 8 years.....but you'll be debt free :)

Freakin' awesome.. and making 100k a year, that 160k will disappear pretty quick. Pinch pennies for the next two years and knock that debt in half.

I've got about 60k in debt.. but I only make something like 30k a year. Sometimes more, sometimes less. The wife pulls about 10k a year (part time)

It'll take me a hella long time to get out of debt at that rate. Especially if I keep spending retarded amounts of $$ on the civic.. :ph34r:

Back