well it was a smoke fest a couple months back

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

formby

learning in progress
the problem is that when i'm in any gear...when i let go of the gas and engage it again it back fires and a whitish/maybe light blue/grey smoke comes out for that split sec (substantial amount) also in reverse

also when on idle white/grey smoke comes and goes.....

i did the motoman break in....however when i first started the car it was getting flooded so i started it with starter fluid and warmed it up then i drove it home (1-2 miles) slowly then it sat....when i got the new FPR and got the injectors cleaned...i went out and did numerous 2-3-4 pulls and letting 4th gear down to about 2k then 2-3-4 again..... it still smokes...i checked the pvc valve but i will get a new one today....

any thoughts i think it might be the valve guide seals/ but its a 99 si head
i have a spoon chipped ecu...i know its not the best but it works
I/H/E no cat
after market pr4 pistons/rings
lsv

edit: der did you build the motor?

and if you did build it but did not replace valve seals... :bash:

the backfiring sounds like a timing or fuel issue...
sounds like its still dumping too much fuel after you let off the gas...

on and off the throttle is a great way to kill your gas mileage

is it a real deal chipped ecu with a verified program?
or is it a "dump mad fuel pr0gram"

i know but i thought since the head was pretty new i did not need to wory about it....i am an idiot :kick: i hope its the PVC

head is still 5 years old though...
and B16's rev pretty high, so thats lots o abuse on those poor little valve seals...

what do you think pisedoffsol/calesta/civicious
any one else....should i not drive it?

no, but the ecu is supposed to be runing rich so in any case i'm runing rich not lean....as far as i know black smoke is fuel white is oil and blue is coolant.... and my CR is 9.6:1/ 9.8:1

i dont know....i checked the oil when i changed it after the break in it was nice and smooth with no kind of coolant/water leakage but as far as the smoke color im almost certain about the colors

blue = oil

white = coolant.

greyish black on acceleration = fuel

anyone else have an idea....it keeps doing it...
if im in third and floor the gas no smoke....once i let go of the gas and floor it again a backfire followed with a white/light blue smoke cloud ....when i shift to 4th and keep the gas no smoke when i decelerate and hit the gas again another plume of smoke apears......HELP....

i believe the backfire is the timing and ecu.........i guess i'll replace the VSS....

valve stem seals......wtf valve stems go in your rims dude lol valve guide seals, you mean?

Get a Non-chipped ecu. Problem Solved. What mods do you have that would necessitate a chipped ecu, or tuning for that matter?

well i did not have a vtec ecu and this one was not a bad price; and it is chipped so all i have to do is take it to titan and have a new chip burned when i change the set up.......or get it dynoed

well i changed to dura blend 5/30 and it smokes more....FUCK......i think i am going to buy a new motor??????????????????????????????????? I hate Smoke

Back