1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well, My project is getting off the ground

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by Dasfinc, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Dasfinc

Dasfinc New Member

1992 Civic CX Hatchback.

96K on it, Manual Everything.

I have a D15B8 in the car, and Have the following now : D15B7 16 Valve head, I have a D16A6 Cam in the mail, and will be picking up a D16Y7 Camgear to go with it. Stainless Header/cat/catback, etc. After that is all on the car I will start replacing EVERYTHING suspension related and brake related *Rear disk swap, spring/struts/camber adjusters, etc*

After the car handles like its on rails:
    This is a longshot, but has anyone here tried playing with a D15B8 Block? I really don't want to do a motor swap and have heard that the D15B8 block with B7 Heads is acctually a pretty good combination * I think my B8 Block has a longer stroke to compensate for only having 2 valves if I'm not mistaken, I could be*, I'm aiming for 160-170hp with a small amount of boost *T2 Turbo, or a DSG Saab turbo *Garrett internally wastegated at 8psi* and I'm pickingup blue-top injectors and an Apexi stand-alone fuel management system *And will get a new fuel pump eventually*

Does that sound like an unreasonable goal? or does anyone think I can get more out of that poor little block?

2. custompainter

custompainter drive it like U stole it

i just had my car boosted 8 psi i think you can get your house power just make sure you get tuned first i didn't ~ blew my head gasket right out ! but it was fun doing it :)

3. Dasfinc

Dasfinc New Member

Stupid question.... but do you mean Hondata? or fuelmanagement? What is and where do I get hondata........ I haven't looked into tuning the car much, what do I buy!!!

4. Dasfinc

Dasfinc New Member

I'm picking up 450CC DSM Injectors, and an AFC. What else do I need aside from a Fuelpump to make this work and putout some extra power? Do I need a Wide-Band O2? Do I need a bigger intake manifold (Or would I have to Bore out the block to make any diffrence), or Boost to make use of more fuel? AND WHAT IS HONDATA!!!!!!!!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted