Well, My project is getting off the ground

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dasfinc

1992 Civic CX Hatchback.

96K on it, Manual Everything.

I have a D15B8 in the car, and Have the following now : D15B7 16 Valve head, I have a D16A6 Cam in the mail, and will be picking up a D16Y7 Camgear to go with it. Stainless Header/cat/catback, etc. After that is all on the car I will start replacing EVERYTHING suspension related and brake related *Rear disk swap, spring/struts/camber adjusters, etc*

After the car handles like its on rails:
This is a longshot, but has anyone here tried playing with a D15B8 Block? I really don't want to do a motor swap and have heard that the D15B8 block with B7 Heads is acctually a pretty good combination * I think my B8 Block has a longer stroke to compensate for only having 2 valves if I'm not mistaken, I could be*, I'm aiming for 160-170hp with a small amount of boost *T2 Turbo, or a DSG Saab turbo *Garrett internally wastegated at 8psi* and I'm pickingup blue-top injectors and an Apexi stand-alone fuel management system *And will get a new fuel pump eventually*

Does that sound like an unreasonable goal? or does anyone think I can get more out of that poor little block?

i just had my car boosted 8 psi i think you can get your house power just make sure you get tuned first i didn't ~ blew my head gasket right out ! but it was fun doing it :)

Stupid question.... but do you mean Hondata? or fuelmanagement? What is and where do I get hondata........ I haven't looked into tuning the car much, what do I buy!!!

I'm picking up 450CC DSM Injectors, and an AFC. What else do I need aside from a Fuelpump to make this work and putout some extra power? Do I need a Wide-Band O2? Do I need a bigger intake manifold (Or would I have to Bore out the block to make any diffrence), or Boost to make use of more fuel? AND WHAT IS HONDATA!!!!!!!!

Back