Well, that definitely woke me up.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
So... how did ya'alls morning go?

Mine started last night around 2 am when I finally felt tired enough to try to sleep.

Laid down, almost passed out, my ankle starts twitching. fucker, so I went and got my ankle brace. It made it feel better and I didn't feel like going out to my truck to get an ibprofen so I dealt with it. Just about out again, and now my other ankle is doing the same thing.

I switched my brace to that ankle and finally got to sleep probably around three.

Woke up at 7:45. Rushed my shower, got dressed, and got to work just before 8. (I love living 6 blocks from the office)

Opened my dads laptop and was surfing my other board for a minute when Carrie, my sisters' ex-husbands' wife (confusing...yeah) came running up the stairs and yells out "DIANE HAS A FIRE DOWNSTAIRS!!!!!"

If you don't recall, my dad started a coffee shop below our office in March. Well, we finally got our "one of a kind" coffee machine back from simple repairs as it wouldn't steam even with the boiler on and a full compliment of water.

Yay...

Anyway, back to the fire. She screams that out and I see my brother bolt for the door, my dad bolt for the door (I have NEVER seen him get down those stairs that fast), and then I bolted for the door.

We get downstairs and my brother pops the breaker for all the power down there and then had already grabbed the extinguisher to put out the actual flames that were coming out of the bottom of this fucker.

One of a kind piece of shit this thing is. It took us 8 months after we paid to get this machine, and it's already been pulled out 3 times for repairs. Time for something new is the consensus, I think.

wow... that sucks ass

how bad was the fire??? any damage to the place or just the POS machine???

There is no 'brand' really, it's a one of a kind special built just for us. We even cut a hole in the counter to have it.

Basically the steamer, milk and coffee/espresso came out the top and the boiler/water tank were below the counter hanging in an enclosed box. It appeared to be an electrical fire but it was contained in the box itself. We brought our original/back up espresso machine back in so I was looking under the counter. They had it cleaned up so well that if there was smoke damage, but its absolutely clean down there.

Damn, that sucks man. At least it was just the coffee machine and not the whole place though.

That's at least a 5 out of 10 on the that sucks scale. At least it was contained though. That could have quickly became a 10

Back