Well the dastardly has happened

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
You can get a JDM v7 ('02-'03) STi hoodscoop, or a knockoff. I have a genuine one. You can get them new for $160 (painted), or used for about half that. They fit right into the '02-'03 hood, whereas a v8 ('04-'05) needs a bunch of ugly fabrication.

Good call on sticking with a TMIC.
Yeah I know I can pick up a standard STI hoodscoop for not too incredibley expensive, but I meant in terms of a carbon fiber scoop that looked like the STI's to go along with the carbon fiber hood.

The car already eats gas whenever I get on it, I don't need 32059840358hp to be out on the street driving with and trying to get myself arrested therefore I'll stay TMIC and on the stock turbo, I'll still be as fast as STIs when I'm done but I won't have the luxury of the recaros or having big ass brembos.

People do indeed make CF STi hood scoops. I've seen several. I'm sure you can find them by doing a quick search.

You might be as fast from a roll as an STi, but good luck launching as quickly as one. :laugh: Oodles of torque + bulletproof tranny > most WRX's, haha.

Quoted post[/post]]
People do indeed make CF STi hood scoops. I've seen several. I'm sure you can find them by doing a quick search.

You might be as fast from a roll as an STi, but good luck launching as quickly as one. :laugh: Oodles of torque + bulletproof tranny > most WRX's, haha.

Yeah well I would need to upgrade the clutch and make sure the tranny doesn't blow apart if I wanted to put some serious power to the wheels, but I'm more interested in just being quick and nimble. :)

I love the STi seats. Got em in my car.

Also, don't upgrade the clutch on the stock tranny, if you want to increase the life on the tranny. The stock unit is an Exedy clutch, and allows for just a bit of slippage, which helps keep the gears from seeing too much shock from a sudden application of torque. If you're REALLY concerned about your tranny, either get an STi transmission, or some hardened RA gears.

Funny you mention this - I JUST discovered today that my clutch is starting to wear out. In 4th and 5th gears, while cruising, if I get on the throttle, revs spike up 500-1000 rpm, then settle back down. Doh! I'll be replacing the stockers with another Exedy unit.

Update:

Worse news...

Finally used the hood release to pop the hood, I didn't want to be stuck with a hood that wouldn't latch shut, and wiggled the thing open. The cheesey plastic girl popped out and there the damage lay. Radiator support looks bent along with the entire radiator now being bent in the center. Sweet smell of antifreeze from someone as well, but I haven't seen it leak anywhere on the ground yet. Alignment is just slightly off.

I went to get the estimate today but the guy had to run out for a personal emergency so I'll have to go back tomorrow. I'm figuring the total bill is going to be about $1800+.

So the question now is, is there any OEM radiator support that I should be buying or OEM radiator that outperforms the stocker?

Back