Well, the Sol got her first boo boo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BlackFrog

Neighborhood Lush
VIP
UPDATE w/ PIC: Scroll Down

well, this afternoon, out for a drive to look at a toyota pickup with my brother (so i dont have to drive the del in the winter) came around a uphill, right hand turn, hit a deer and then slid into a snow bank on the side of the road. Poor little car is hurt. needs a fender, hood, headlight corner light, bumper, chin spoiler, all the plastic shit underneath, and probably alot more. i would think there is about 3k worth of damage, hopefully not more. if she turns out to be totalled, not only am i royally fucked, but id feel like even more shit for fuckin up such a nice car. not that its anything special, but i really like this car, and its nice to have a honda thats a little different from the norm. So im off to see the adjuster this tuesday, and hope i can get an early appt. at the body shop (seeing as this is worst time of year to need a body shop with winter fender benders and all). So wish me luck, and hopefully i'll have her back to normal sooner then later.

-Chris

man that sucks! it was such a nice sol too.

hope its not totalled!!! worst case- pick up a set of replacement teg control arms and the thicker sway. :D

well i already got the rear sway bar (probably didnt help me out too much in this case) but i really hope its not totalled. ofcourse, according to KBB, shes only worth 3 grand (fuckin hi miles) so now thats got me real worried. oh well, i guess theres no sence worrying about it until tuesday, not like theres anything i can do about it until then anyways.

-Chris

well when i hit a deer i was glad it was totaled. i got the value of the car minus $200 salvage value. now i am doing all the work myself since its all i'm good at :D i hate deeeer

EDIT: insurance companys use there own little version of kbb that favors them. they say its more accurate but thats BS. the damage only has to = %75 of the value to be a total too

oh fuck, well i think you just officially ruined my night. i hope the adjuster is a nice guy, ive only had the car a lil over a year, and havent even begun to have fun with it yet. daaaamn, fuckin deer!

Well, i got a little pic of her today. It looks worse in person then here, and it probably just looks really bad to me.

The bad news:
f9b98325.jpg

The good news: Although my car is only valued at about $2900, the estimate came up to $2600, close, but not totalled!!! :D :D :D Now all i gotta do is wait until March 8th to get her fixed. It'll be a long month to wait, but atleast she'll be back to one piece before autocross starts :D

-Chris

P.S. One more slight bit of good news, i got me a nice set of these in today:
fb3369cc.jpg

Bronze ofcourse, 15". Atleast i have something nice to look at until March 8th

You should have just asked me if I was selling my Heliums....they are bronze, and already have Azenis on them......

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Feb 3 2004, 05:27 PM
cool shit :)

word.

Hey Clayton, i completely forgot you had those rims, or i woulda asked you about them! I'd ask about your Azenis, but I think I gonna get me a brandy new set to abuse this spring. :D

-Chris

hurry up and get that shit fixed ... i wanna see you at some track days :)

(any word on the tail lights?)

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Feb 3 2004, 10:00 PM
hurry up and get that shit fixed ... i wanna see you at some track days :)

(any word on the tail lights?)

well, what dates are the track days? i got an appt for March 8. supposed to take 5 days to fix, so i know atleast it'll be ready for the FCSCC events at Naugy. HAHA, a week after i get that nice new bumper all painted, i get to take aim at some cones :D What are the dates for the Lime Rock and W. Glen open tracks?

By the way, i saw a pic of your car in the gallery, nice 5 lugs. i think your car is gonna out handle mine, atleast until i fix my nice blown AGX's.

As far as the taillighs, I got an email from him the other day, saying "you stil havent gotten them yet?" Im send one back like, you shipped em? how bout a tracking bumber? 'Couple days has gone by, i just sent him an email and a PM yesterday just saying, 'you cashed that check 2 weeks ago, i got no lights, no tracking number, just to gimme something'. no reply.

youll see me out there as well, not turbo yet... still waiting on finishing the other 34234328 projects for my car.

1st week of march car is prepped for paint
2nd week car is painted (i hope)

then it goes up on blocks... and the suspension gets sandblasted/painted, and the eibach's and agx's go on...
if i can locate them, ill have a galant brake swap also. then i buy 2 azenis and grab my rims from clayton and bam!!!

hope to see a sweet handling lowered car!! :D pair that with the throttlebody and intake upgrade and i should be good to go for the first few races.

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Feb 7 2004, 03:20 AM
then i buy 2 azenis

You may want to consider some R-compound tires with all that fire power and suspension mods, etc. Like some kumhos or something. I think you'll quickly find the azenis will be your weakest link in the turns.

Originally posted by number9+Feb 7 2004, 09:01 AM-->
TurboMirage
@Feb 7 2004, 03:20 AM
then i buy 2 azenis

You may want to consider some R-compound tires with all that fire power and suspension mods, etc. Like some kumhos or something. I think you'll quickly find the azenis will be your weakest link in the turns.

well, also consider im going to have one of the lightest cars on the field at under a ton.

im on a budget, and the mirage will be around for a good amount of time, and i still like the azenis. ive got 2 with a good amount of tread still left on them.... they are just residing on claytons Z right now. :lol: thanks for the consideration though, i have put some thought into that before i made the decision. without turbo however, im still only pushing ~115hp.

sorry for threadjacking, chris!! :)

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Feb 7 2004, 10:01 AM
sorry for threadjacking, chris!! :)

no worries.

i too am looking forward to some track days and autox. i dont know if she'll be ready for the glen though in may, i really want to drive there, but im basically gonna redo the whole suspension and brakes, and i the time to money ratio is not looking too good. though my tax check is gonna help out alot.

Back