1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

well this ones new to me

Discussion in 'Integra' started by mad_hatter, Nov 25, 2006.

1. mad_hatter

mad_hatter Its Da Mad Hatter

well i changed my oil today which it defenitly needed, i crawl under and start to take the filter off and i have the pan ready for oil to run out i get the filter off.....nada.....i look at the filter you can see oil around the inside a little but not much.....i turned the filter down and not a single drop fell out i changed the oil and i had about lil more than 3 qrts in there so its not like it was that low i stuck a piece of pipe in the filter jet to check for clogging and it went right in till i felt the inside of the block nothing i was wondering if anyone had an explanation for this im gonna pull the filter off tomarrow see if its still doing this....

2. MXDesa

MXDesa Senior Member

If the car is shut off for a long period of time, the oil will runoff from inside the filter.

3. mad_hatter

mad_hatter Its Da Mad Hatter

i realize that but that much where it would be bone dry it just freaked me out the car has only been off for like a day, im sure it wasnt major im still gonna check the new filter but that oil was black as hell anyways it was the worst oil change ive neglected usually i keep theoil changed soon as it discolors

4. GSRCIVICTN

GSRCIVICTN Lost in a sea of rednecks

I know some engines/filter systems, if it gets too clogged up, will bypass the filter so the engine will still get oiled. It just won't be filtered. Better than nothing is what they were thinking. You did say "that oil was black as hell anyways it was the worst oil change ive neglected". Could be a possibility.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted