Well, this sucks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Aug 18 2005, 09:47 AM-->
@Aug 18 2005, 01:44 PM
Don't know if anyone said it.

But damn, gas prices around the country are now the same as the Bay Area prices.  Something is definately wrong here.  :p
[post=541901]Quoted post[/post]​

yes, we know... cali sucks.
[post=541904]Quoted post[/post]​

:(

Originally posted by Celerity@Aug 18 2005, 01:46 PM
Dude, $100 for a 2004, and it's a fuckin blast to ride.

This is going to be kept in Stamford in their lockers.

[post=541902]Quoted post[/post]​

so now, you're going to commute 120 miles a day.... wheather on a train or not... its still using fuel for no good reason.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Aug 18 2005, 09:47 AM
b16,

you only have a week till you're prices are jacked to almost $4.
[post=541903]Quoted post[/post]​

Damn, I might as well start pumping 100 octane since race fuel prices only change once a year.

Originally posted by B16@Aug 18 2005, 01:49 PM
Damn, I might as well start pumping 100 octane since race fuel prices only change once a year.
[post=541909]Quoted post[/post]​

THAT'S gonna help the smog problem.....

shit, that probably isn't even legal to use high octane fuel on the street in cali, is it?

yup...got the leggy subbii thingie....winter car....which is going to suck...no rust on it....yet. :(

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Aug 18 2005, 09:51 AM-->
@Aug 18 2005, 01:49 PM
[post=541909]Quoted post[/post]​

THAT'S gonna help the smog problem.....

shit, that probably isn't even legal to use high octane fuel on the street in cali, is it?
[post=541911]Quoted post[/post]​

Funny thing is, its available at select 76 stations around the bay area at the pump. You're allowed to pump it right into your car. But then there is a label that says "for off road use only". I use it often when I feel like cranking up the boost, I have never heard of it being enforced. But I guess technically it is?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Aug 18 2005, 12:49 PM-->
@Aug 18 2005, 01:46 PM
Dude, $100 for a 2004, and it's a fuckin blast to ride. 

This is going to be kept in Stamford in their lockers.

[post=541902]Quoted post[/post]​

so now, you're going to commute 120 miles a day.... wheather on a train or not... its still using fuel for no good reason.
[post=541908]Quoted post[/post]​

40 miles. 18 miles to the train station, 19 miles to Stamford in 15 minutes, then hop on the bike / moped / skateboard for a mile or so. Yeah, This is sensible.

The only reason I would take the train is to get out of an hour or more of traffic just sitting there.

If I really wanted to do my part, I would look for a job that is simply closer. I'm not in a position to take the pay cut for that decision yet. That, and I haven't gotten the job yet.

And $65k a year will make a lot of people change their minds on taking the train.

damn fuckin skippy.

For 65K a year I would move to Stamford.

Then again, it's not like I'm renting or own anything here.

[thinks]What I could do with an extra 20k a year [/thinks]

I spend $5k+ a year in tolls, yes FIVE THOUSAND FUCKING DOLLARS.

It's only slightly more to take the bus/train, but then I don't have to pay for gas so it works out.

All things considered, right now I drive roughly 40 miles per day. Sometimes I make another trip or two into town on weekends. 85% of my driving is highway driving, though, so overall I probably burn a little over 2 gallons of gas a day. According to FuelEconomy.gov, with my driving habit percentages, I see an average of 21 mpg. Probably a little less though, the car's not in the best shape.

So, in short, it costs me an estimated 7 dollars per day to actually get to and from work. At my current pay, this means that one hour of my day automatically goes to paying to drive to work and back.

Reality sucks. :(

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Aug 18 2005, 02:16 PM

It's only slightly more to take the bus/train, but then I don't have to pay for gas so it works out.
[post=541931]Quoted post[/post]​

ct has 0 toll roads.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Aug 18 2005, 10:22 AM-->
92civicb18b1
@Aug 18 2005, 02:16 PM

[post=541931]Quoted post[/post]​

ct has 0 toll roads.
[post=541940]Quoted post[/post]​

+1 for CA

We do however have toll bridges, but I do not cross any on my commute.

CT roads have also gone to shit since they got rid of the tolls.

and $65k I couldn't afford to live in Stamford. I couldn't get any nearer to Stamford than Bridgeport - Which is just a shitty town. My quality of life would actually take a dive.

Apartments in the shitty sections of Norwalk are $1500 a month.

wa wa waaaaa....

Shut the hell up and pay what you have to. Just like the rest of us sheep. Is bitching going to help? No. Is crying going to drive gas prices down? No. Is bitching about the president going to help? No. I don't care if a king in the middle east dies every thirty seconds.. I will pay for my gas. I will continue to pay for my gas. Is this thread going to have any impact on the price of a barrel of fuel? You can answer that yourself.. If everyone on this sight stopped driving all together, and started riding bikes to work would it do ANYTHING at all to the cost of fuel in the US? No.

So, shut up and pay.. biatch.

thats the only thing we can do.

As for the tolls. I'm going to continue to bitch, because NYC roads are garbage. I don't pay 18 dollars a day just to ride on some shitty ass roads, that are constantly under construction.

For the couple years that I've actually been using the same road, I haven't seen one improvement. They've had this "construction" forever, It just never gets done or even the slightest noticeable difference.

For the Goethals Bridge. The estimated finsih time is sometime in 06. It's not a big bridge and they're supposed to be working on it every day from 9:30PM-5AM . I've seen maybe 20 feet of it get paved, it's milled, bumpy and beats the hell out of my suspension everyday. Not to mention dangerous, cause NY and NJ drivers can't drive, add considerably smaller than normal lanes and it's a mess.

Originally posted by phyregod@Aug 18 2005, 03:17 PM
wa wa waaaaa....

Shut the hell up and pay what you have to. Just like the rest of us sheep. Is bitching going to help? No. Is crying going to drive gas prices down? No. Is bitching about the president going to help? No. I don't care if a king in the middle east dies every thirty seconds.. I will pay for my gas. I will continue to pay for my gas. Is this thread going to have any impact on the price of a barrel of fuel? You can answer that yourself.. If everyone on this sight stopped driving all together, and started riding bikes to work would it do ANYTHING at all to the cost of fuel in the US? No.

So, shut up and pay.. biatch.
[post=541970]Quoted post[/post]​

sweet jesus, you took the words right out of my mouth. and about that thirsty suv comment on the first page, last time i checked.... sti's get around the same as suvs... along with other "high performance" vehicles.

Ya, my Evo is the biggest gas guzzler I've ever driven. Boost is just so much fun though. :)

Back