Well, this sucks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by B16@Aug 18 2005, 09:28 PM
Ya, my Evo is the biggest gas guzzler I've ever driven. Boost is just so much fun though. :)
[post=542011]Quoted post[/post]​

And here in lays the ultimate truth for us automotive enthusist. We don't really care about gas prices, they don't matter. We don't choose hobbies because they are cheap, we choose them because we enjoy them. Like my dad, he flies RC helicopters. If I told you the price of those things (basic starter model $1200) you'd puke. But damn if it isn't some fun ass shit. To us a screaming engine is a beautiful sound and a pultry $40 a week is nothing. If your car is for transportation only, yea, bitch all you want, I would too, but my response is...take a fucking bus, buy a bike, or walk. You live 30 miles from work? That's your fault...move.

By the way, Iraqis pay about .05 USD per gallon.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Aug 18 2005, 02:20 PM

and it really is amusing how fuel/petro prices keep rising, but the oil companies are bragging about having the most profitable quarters EVER...

Thats so true. I work for an oil and gas company our last two quarters have been our best ever.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 18 2005, 10:20 PM
does any civilian iraqui own a car?
[post=542038]Quoted post[/post]​

All of them. And most are beyond hatcet jobs as far as repairs, seriously I saw one that had two of the lines coming off the prop valve cut and crimped, random wires running from the injectors to the battery, oh the horror.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Aug 18 2005, 08:39 AM
5.00 in one year would not suprise me...

china's demand is going through the roof...

OPEC can lick my balls...

send china back into the stone age and oil prices will drop again :ph34r:
[post=541744]Quoted post[/post]​

I only read to this post, so I don't know if this has been pointed out yet or not but I'll explain in lamens terms whats going on.

This isn't a direct supply versuses demand issue for gas prices. There's a more than gracious supply of oil in the middle east, except OPEC controls this supply. OPEC is creating an artificial supply versuses demand issue on gas prices, they're only releasing a little amount claiming that they don't have the supply when they do. They claimed this same stuff back in 1978, more than 25 years ago that we were running out oil or that there was a shortage.

Its OPEC holding a monopoly over the United State's fuel economy, having the US by the balls, and price gouging at its best.

With that said, I don't see $5.00 a gallon in the immediate future but I see an average of $3.00 by the end of this year.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sorry, I disagree. Read my posts.

As far as this whole thing is concerned, it is just now starting to exceed my gasoline / cigarette ratio (The Celerity Vice Index) which means it's now going out of control. Unless they raise the latter half of that equation.

It will calm down, yes. And this winter you'll really see people conserving for home heating. Because a few extra dollars in your car's tank is one thing, a $300 a month heating bill is another.

-> Steve

Also, just a quick note - Were I still driving my 73 Formula, It would take over $100 per fillup. 32 gallon touring tank.

-> Steve

payup.jpg

If you think all this flirting with $3-a-gallon gas is already a pain in the pocketbook, brace yourself.

Oil expert Craig Smith predicts gas prices will skyrocket next year, jumping to five bucks a gallon.

And if terrorists successfully strike a major Middle East oil field, Americans might end up paying $10 a gallon -- about $110 to fill a Ford Focus' 11-gallon tank.

Smith, a self-proclaimed geopolitical know-it-all hawking his new book Black Gold Stranglehold, says Americans -- tree-hugging politicians and car-addicted commuters alike -- should blame themselves for the coming spike in prices.

"Why are they charging higher prices for gas? Because people will pay it. Apparently, we're not changing our driving habits much," he said. "Blame this on ourselves. This country has not built a new refinery in 30 years, we stopped new oil exploration . . . and put a moratorium on offshore drilling."

Smith -- who last year predicted $3-a-gallon gas and $65-a-barrel crude oil prices this year -- says oil prices will jump to $80 a gallon by the end of 2006.

On Tuesday, the national average was $2.52 a gallon, according to AAA. And the price of gas topped $3 here last week.

If you don't believe the average cost of gas will double in 12 months, Smith points to places such as Hong Kong, Korea and France, where gas prices regularly top the $5 mark.

The solution here for high oil prices: "find it, drill it, refine it and burn it" domestically, Smith said, pointing to untapped crude reserves in Alaska, Colorado, Utah, off the California coast and in the Gulf of Mexico.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-gas17.html

wanna make loot with a high risk investment?
here's your chance...
join the bush crowd and become an OIL MAN... :ph34r:

oil will flop.

maybe not right away, but soon...

it has no immediate future

well, it'll either level off, go back down to 50, or go up to 80...

and if there's a terrorist strike, limiting oil supply, and you;re lucky enough to be invested in a company still able to obtain oil then you're set...

sure, for the time being.

but alternative fuels ARE on their way.

franly, right now is the time to SELL oil stock-- not buy it.

dont complain there boys here in Ottawa,CAnada we pay cloe to $1 per litre, so
1 gal. = 3.8 litres , so $3.8 per gallon + us conversion, im paying $40-45 canadian to fill up my Crx with 94 octane, compared to $30 max 6mths ago

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Aug 19 2005, 02:26 PM
93 at every station
94 at all the sunocos
:shrug2:
[post=542489]Quoted post[/post]​

not any more.
sunoco stopped selling 94....

its not illegal to sell, it just wasn't selling good, so they pulled it.
i haven't seen 94 at the pump in a while now

yea, I see 94 all the time when I'm in PA and plenty of places in NY.

Back