Well.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NotUrAverage_Si

I got my first look at the new 2005 Mustangs yesterday in person. Saw it from the front at first and didn't know what it was, then came the side view and then the back.

2005 Mustang

I kind of like how it turned out and I don't really like mustangs all that much.

Any other thoughts and opinions?

Originally posted by JDMilan@Nov 1 2004, 12:00 AM
I like it........but then again......ford, so 5 years later reliability should be an issue.
[post=410000]Quoted post[/post]​

<_<

I saw my first one on saturday here in town. looks pretty sweet, I never really liked the bullitt style rims, but they look decent not painted on the 05s.

I'm already hearing of dyno shops dyno'ing them at 279 rwhp, 300rwtq completely stock. This is on a 4.6-liter aluminum V-8 which has three-valve per cylinder and supposedly cranks out 300 horsepower and 320 lb.-ft. of torque.

YUMMY....

Best thing to come from Ford since the late 60s....

(except MAYBE the newest cobras...)

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Nov 3 2004, 03:03 PM
rims are too small, tires arent wide enough.
[post=411359]Quoted post[/post]​

They're the same size as on the old 99-04 Mustangs... <_<

V6s get 16" bright machined rims:
mst05_037.jpg

GTs get the same Bullitt style 17" painted rims:
mst05_034.jpg

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Nov 3 2004, 09:45 PM
its a mustange the one car ford did right and they now have managed to even fuck that up
[post=411660]Quoted post[/post]​

your crazy. they finally got it right.

Originally posted by ktanaka@Nov 3 2004, 11:37 PM
They havn't had the mustange right for a LOOOOOONG time.
[post=411711]Quoted post[/post]​

very true. steal my older sisters 01 convertible sometimes and its is fun to drive, maybe its just because its rwd, but i like the new ones. i still need to see one in person though. maybe ill pretend to i want to buy one and just go for a test drive like i did with the new s2000s.

I like bringing back the slanted front. I like the front end, I like the back end. In those pictures I dont like how it looks from the side.

As far as I can tell the whole "throwback" bullshit started with the Z... and I still think thats where it should have stayed...

I dont think mustangs have looked all the good... since 65.... i unno...

then again I really hate fords... so ehh.... Hey, at least they circled the problem.

The 17" is reminiscent of the old Torque Thrust D style rims very popular in the muscle car era. As far as the Mustang looking right. Well from 64-70 they look great. then someone pucked out an ugly ass design from 71-04 and not until 2005 has someone got it right again. It's a nice looking car again.

oh did I mention I hate fords I'm a chevy guy. can't wait till someone figures out how to remake a 69ish looking camaro to put ford back in it's place.

Originally posted by NissanNiNjA2nd+Nov 4 2004, 12:35 PM-->
As far as I can tell the whole "throwback" bullshit started with the Z... and I still think thats where it should have stayed...

I dont think mustangs have looked all the good... since 65.... i unno...

then again I really hate fords... so ehh.... Hey, at least they circled the problem.
[post=411924]Quoted post[/post]​
Im a chevy guy, and they last part of you statement is so damn old, Im tired of hearing it.

CRX-YEM
@Nov 4 2004, 12:43 PM
The 17" is reminiscent of the old Torque Thrust D style rims very popular in the muscle car era. As far as the Mustang looking right. Well from 64-70 they look great. then someone pucked out an ugly ass design from 71-04 and not until 2005 has someone got it right again. It's a nice looking car again.

oh did I mention I hate fords I'm a chevy guy. can't wait till someone figures out how to remake a 69ish looking camaro to put ford back in it's place.
[post=411933]Quoted post[/post]​

My first was to be a partially restored 68 Camaro SS/RS. I was so damn excited.

looks tight just some damn haters out there if it had a honda logo ud so omfg

Back