Welp, i bought stereo stuff :)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
new dvd player. mine wasn't progressive scan.. nice cheap upgrade. supports non-progressive scan too, until i get an hdtv (next on my list)

Sony DVP-NS575P
$79.00

dvpns575p.jpg

Infinity Primus C25 Center Channel
$118

h108PC25-f.jpeg

Infinity Primus 150 Surrounds
$150

Infinityprimus150bookshelfwithlogo.jpg

Infinity Primus 360 Main towers
$399

360EBAY.jpg

Onkyo TX-SR701 6.1 Receiver
100 watts x 6
THX Select certified
THX Surround EX, Dolby Digital EX, DTS-ES and Pro Logic II
7.1-channel preamp output
$699

h580TXSR701-F_MT.jpeg

no sub for now... i think the dual 6 1/2's down to 38Hz will hold me over, at least for a while. I can always get one later if i need it.

I think the BEST thing about this whole setup is the receiver's low-volume mode- basically, it will level out dialogue and explosions... so you can keep a steady volume thats not too soft to hear what they are saying, and then awake the whole house when shit blows up or crashes. and since i usualy watch movies later/wierd hours, its ideal so i don't wake up the rents.

So, now I'm broke again. and rb25's get pushed back again. lol

Next up, is a 30-35" widescreen LCD i think. maybe, i'll cheap out and go for a widescreen hdtv CRT style. but, it will def be widescreen :)

my b-day is may 2nd (hint hint. 11,000 members, $1 each = B gets a pimp TV :) )

i didn't get any cables, cuz im not exaclty sure what i need. When it comes in, i'll have jeef come onver or something :)

who needs to go out on friday night with a setup like that :thumbsup:

oh yeah.. im comin over B lol

Yea, but aren't Denon better than Infinity? Thats what my rents have Denon Receiver, CD/DVD player, Denon speakers... Im not into that sort of stuff so Im Mr. Tech on that shit. Nice setup everything looks super... :thumbsup:

denons top of the line is bad ass. but its also $4000 for a receiver. F that. I don't run a movie theatre. their low line is no better than a sony... that's the problem with big name stuff. their low-lines suck. Onkyo's are bad ass receivers.
the inifinity speakers, i think will sound awesome. I have run 4 sets of infinity speakers in my various cars, and i really won't even look at another brand. i'm THAT happy with how they sound.

wtf? how do you have money coming out of your ass?

i work for a living =)
i get paid pretty good
I live at home.
and the kicker- I DON'T HAVE AN EXPENSIVE GIRLFRIEND TO PUT UP WITH :) and haven't for a long long time.

lots of income - little expenses = turbo sols and pimp home audio

oh yeah.. im comin over B lol

bring a girl for me and one for you, and we can have "movie night"

we can watch movies fr about 4 weeks straight :)

s4078ca0acaa4b.jpg

word. thats pretty sweet.

im looking into infinity speakers for the mirage.... as soon as i sell my pioneers.

(bows down) awesome!! nicely done. I've roomed with a guy who had Infinity center and 12" sub... excellent stuff.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 11 2004, 06:47 AM
you'll be happy. they sound 120312312 x better than anythign pioneer has ever put out

That's because Pioneer is teh suck :)

Why did you get bookshelves, and floors?

Originally posted by JDMilan@Apr 11 2004, 01:26 AM
puts my Aiwa surround shit to shame, but oh well

...and your Aiwa surround puts my 19" Sanyo TV with one speaker to shame...

:lol:

<--BOSE Acustimass 5.1 surround system, panasonic 5-disc DVD changer, panasonic 36" High Definition TV, comcast digital cable with high definition box, Technics reciever. sounds like a freaking movie theater, lol.

<-- Optimus Pro Logic Reciever 2-4.5" JVC book shelf speakers, 19" color tv, Local stations, no cable, no satelite no bullshit... I live a hard life.

Boston Acoustics Computer Sub and Satellite speakers, KWORLD TV and FM tuner, Creative Live 5.1 Digital. word.

I have a set of BOSE 901s so HA =)

I use to have an older pair of Infinity speakers they looked just like yours but with an older look "stained wood" but when my brother moved out he took them with him

we had no need for a sub now with the crappy speakers we have now we do need a sub
ohwell I have a full setup in my room that has its own little powered sub for a 12 by 12 room it kicks ass!

anything bigger and it would suck =(

Back