Welp, i bought stereo stuff :)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 11 2004, 02:22 AM
Why did you get bookshelves, and floors?

the book shelve's are the surrounds y0

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Apr 11 2004, 03:20 AM
<--BOSE Acustimass 5.1 surround system, panasonic 5-disc DVD changer, panasonic 36" High Definition TV, comcast digital cable with high definition box, Technics reciever. sounds like a freaking movie theater, lol.

any self respecting audiophile knows that bose is teh suck

do some searches at avforums.com...Bose= Better Off with Something Else

the reason people buy it is because bose spends more on advertising than nearly all of the other speaker compaines combined...the fancy setup at best buy for the acoustimass is nothign special....if they took 99% of the systems at best buy and set them up in a similar fashion they would sound much better than the acoustimass

Im not a big fan of bose money VS what you get is not worth it IMO but the 901 do sound soooo bad ass

and a few smaller bose speakers kick total ass I know this first hand =)

but I think bose over all is a rip

I got the 901s free so shit why not =)

Originally posted by jeffie7@Apr 11 2004, 02:49 PM
Im not a big fan of bose money VS what you get is not worth it IMO but the 901 do sound soooo bad ass

and a few smaller bose speakers kick total ass I know this first hand =)

but I think bose over all is a rip

I got the 901s free so shit why not =)

:werd:

im just glad to hear you guys didnt go shell out 1500 bucks for a piece of crap :)

its disappointing to see bose charge the prices they do for the sound quality from the speakers

some serious speaker brands:

Klipsch
Aperion
Paradigm
ACI
Ascend Acoustics
Boston Acoustics
Definitive Technology
Martin Logan
Newform Research

:worthy:

My phillips system<B's new stuff, but it sounds great. I paid $320 a few years ago. Now Walmart sells similar things with a DVD player for $250. I don't think most people need to spend >$300 for good sound. There's no audio competition in my bedroom. I mounted all of the surrounds and the center channel. There is a small driver sub for the floor that makes decent bass. And I have a 36" TV in my bedroom, as well as a Trinitron Wega 36" in my living room. PS2, XBOX, surround sound, I love electronics.

B I can help you out sometime. Onkyo receivers are bad ass for the money. I have two of them at the house and they both sound good.

yeah, my main thing, is i'm not sure what kinda of cables if anything are coming with these things... and digital vs optical vs S options are kinda throwing me wacky too. so, First step is to get everything here at the house (since they are coming from 3 different palces) 2nd is set them up, 3rd is get some speaker stands or moutning stuff... and i'm probably going to have to re-arrange my room to make way for the surrounds, and then, its wiring it all up

:werd:

:puke: Bose...

Even if he is a professor at MIT, and my brother gets heavy discounts because he was a student there and is now part of the staff. I will never buy Bose.

Good buys B!

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 12 2004, 12:28 AM
yeah, my main thing, is i'm not sure what kinda of cables if anything are coming with these things... and digital vs optical vs S options are kinda throwing me wacky too. so, First step is to get everything here at the house (since they are coming from 3 different palces) 2nd is set them up, 3rd is get some speaker stands or moutning stuff... and i'm probably going to have to re-arrange my room to make way for the surrounds, and then, its wiring it all up

Let me know when you do it, I can help you out with what cabels you will need to buy.

the only thing that i like from Bose, is the speakers my dad has. he has a 20+ year old bose stereo system(from before all this built in amp junk), powered and fed by a Carver reciever, preamp, and amplifier. he also has one of the first CD players that Carver ever made.

i think there are some advantages to being in the military stationed in Europe :p

This post belongs in our Computers, Games, Electronics etc Forum. Please look for your post there.

:moved:

Thanks,

The Moderating Team

Back