welp, I pulled two motors and put the B18 in my car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hosmer

I made the millionth post
VIP
it doesn't do anything, but its in.

It won't crank.

Could one of the following:

1. I smashed the TPS on the 4th attempt of lining the motor up

2. The exhaust mani/O2 sensor aren't on the motor

3. I didn't plug the P75 in, I still have the old ECU in the car

4. The gaf wiring done pre-me (but it ran before)

5. Something I'm missing...

Anyway, at 11:30pm last night in the sub-zero weather I called it quits. All in all, not bad for doing it all myself with 0 help...

Don't feel so bad, had to go out and buy a new $250 dizzy to make my mini-me swap work. Not to mention I have to replace the timing belt again, due to and odd prob.

You're local!

you should've PM'd me, I have 2 or 3 Z6 dizzys here...

but yeah, I'm on the hunt for a TB now...stupid rivets

Might just be me.. but I fail to see the multimedia content here :)

First thread to EVER be moved to the General forum !

I think the ECU would start your car, but wouldnt run it very well. but im willing to bet the TPS is your problem as well.

its more of a "pulling 2 motors and putting 1 back in by yourself in 3 degree weather sucks ballz" thread

I changed the whole front end w/the EX also...LCA's, spindles, brakes, and axles each side all still bolted together (heavy). The upper control arms I swapped also (old ones were fucked). Put the sway bar in, put the RSR on

It'll be nice once I get it running

yes...it was brutal

knocked a hood and some other shit off our storage trailer

Last high winds we had I stripped my 4Runner in 3 hours (To an empty roofless hulk) and I put my toolbox, full, on a picnic table. About an hour into it the wind moved the toolbox off the table and it busted apart at the welds when it hit the pavement.

That was fucked up - we took the hood off and the wind carried it off the truck.

ITS ALIVE

I threw the TB w/the new TPS on last night.
Turned the key and it fired right up & idled even with the old D15 ECU still in.

Sounded like a monster truck without the exhaust manifold on. Should be back to "roadworthy" status by the weekend.

Back