Welp...My Civic was hit.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
What happened....a guy just backed up too far....

I parked the civic on the road in front of the house...half on the road, half on the lawn...

the neighbor was in his truck...backed out of his driveway...went to far...and crunch....

Then he came to the garage to tell me about it...he's a good guy, I should have moved it back into the driveway, but the rain made me lazy....and sadly...the Z is in the same area....but I was shuffling cars around to get a project car into the garage...

Anyways...he said to tell him the price to fix it....or get him the part numbers needed to fix it...

Hell...it's just a $400 car...and a secton of the drivers door, and the full fender is crunched in...and since it's the winter beater...I really don't even see a reason to get it fixed...so screw it...

But the sad thing is...the car is emmision legal for another 1.5 years...
it's quik and fun to drive...
and it gets great gas milage...
and has the best shifting trany I every had in a Honda...

But....it would make a great donor engine for the CRX.....to go thru emmisions at least.....but I already have enough projects...

So how much should I ask for....basic fender, bondo, and paint....for an old 86 civic Si...

I'll take some pics once the rain lets up...

man, that sucks to hear...

i think you should get something at least dude.. you can't just let him walk away and not pay anything..

dont get screwed

nahhh...I won't get screwed...I'll prolly just ask for a few hundred...

but I'm just talking to a buddy...and he said he would prolly buy it for like around $700...as is.... :)

Yeah definitely get a bit of money from your neighbor, then go ahead and sell it. You said you paid $400 for it. Make some money off it since you got the chance. When my neighbor backed his truck into the Hatch's door, it was around 1400 to get it fixed. I bet if you asked like 700 or 800 from your neighbor he would thank you and think the world of you. Then you just doubled your money you got from the car.

personally, i'd just ask 400. soem people might not care about fuckin him over, but i just think thats not right. besides, atleast he was nice enough to suck it up and go tell you right then. i dunno, if you feel like screwin the guy over ask more, but i'd just ask for 400, and then sell it to your buddy for 700, then atleast yu profited 700 bucks.

I'd ask for $400 if you still can sell it for $700. The guy is your friend and there's no need to go overboard with this. Hell thats probably the pickup truck you used to pick up a whole boatload of stuff from Home Depot.

Since I got the car for $400...I have...

Replaced or fixed:

The altenator.
The drivers side CV axle(from Autozone).
Installed a Sony CD player.
Installed Tokico HP shocks on all 4 corners.
Installed Eibach Pro springs on the rear.
Replaced the tires with Advan A048's.
Installed new fuel filter.
Installed new air filter.
Installed new spark plugs.
Installed recently bought Accel 300+ plug wires.
Installed new brakes on all 4 corners.
Cleaned the injectors.
Bondo'ed the driver's side rear wheel well.
Sand blasted, fixed the rust on the full driver's side. And bondo'ed to make it perfect.
Cleaned up and customized the valve cover.
Removed the bad tint job on the rear hatch.
Wetsanded the majority of the body in an effort for the paint prep.
Got the car emmisioned, insured, and registered...
And some other crap that I did to it....

Ohh well..

It was a different neighbor than the truck that I borrowed...

I think I'll look for a decent running 240sx that is a hatchback and red...and start all over....or a manual Subaru legacy wagon... :ph34r: or another Z.... :)

Well then I'd say either take those parts off the car and see if you can still sell it for $700, or ask your neighbor for $800 or so. He didn't ruin everything in the car so its not like money wasted, its still there and works.

nah...the car will be sold to Walter...the guy I'm going to help with his swap into an EF, currently he has an accord that one of his buddies wants for $500....and once he sells it, then I"ll sell the civic to him as is. And he may finish the civic hatchback..

Or I might as well just live with the damage and keep driving it til it dies...it was a winter beater anyways...and now it's finally beated a little...hehe

you can buy a door for under a hundred bucks... after that, its really just paint...

i'd say 250 would be plenty.

Nahh...the door is kinda ok...nothing a hammer and some bondo cann't fix...but the fender is junk...

aay.jpg

aaz.jpg

Fuck it. It's a beater anyway. Dents just add character, drive it around and be happy.

I think he destroyed all 4 of your mudflaps, and you should give them to me :)

The CRX would love those mudflaps. And, they would drag on the ground :)

Anyway, that's not bad damage, I was expecting worse.

Back