Welp....some relief...I made some boost!!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
After this rebuild I'll actually make real boost.

Anyway, I make 2-3 lbs at like 6000 rpm with the wastegate disconnected and a rediculous amount of smoke. Not exactly functional but its a good sign.

At least it's semi fast (not really, just a lot better) even though I can't really make boost legally after 2nd gear with the LS trans.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@May 4 2005, 08:58 PM
After this rebuild I'll actually make real boost.

Anyway, I make 2-3 lbs at like 6000 rpm with the wastegate disconnected and a rediculous amount of smoke. Not exactly functional but its a good sign.

At least it's semi fast (not really, just a lot better) even though I can't really make boost legally after 2nd gear with the LS trans.
[post=495204]Quoted post[/post]​

You got your rebuild kit already? wow....That was fast.... <_<

nah, in the other thread I said I was going to take it off and tighten everything up....I did but it still has a leak and the seals leak oil kinda bad

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@May 4 2005, 09:54 PM
nah, in the other thread I said I was going to take it off and tighten everything up....I did but it still has a leak and the seals leak oil kinda bad
[post=495232]Quoted post[/post]​

Oh Ok,....Dummy 'me'!
R U running Uberdata yet with your setup? Just curious.... :)

Good Luck! :)

yep...

It's still on a basemap. I have to at least build 6-8 lbs without any type of leaks before I'm going to get it tuned

def man.. work out the bugs first...

BUT- it COULD be your basemap. keep that in mind.

mine from HONDATA was FUCKED beyond belief.

yea...well I'm going to rebuild it first and see what happens. If I still doesn't build the boost I'll bring it to the shop thats going to tune it and he'll modify my basemap.

It felt so nice making some boost. :driver:

seriously man, at idel, i was in the 15 psi boost table according to the real-time map trace. removed the 3-bar, and tried the oem map, and it was still all over the place.
started over from scratch.

Yea, I suppose I could get a different basemap to work with.

If I give him a .BIN he'll burn it for me including the chip for like 10 bucks. I still have to rebuild the turbo and the kit should be here on friday or saturday.

If I still have problems after the rebuild, I'll look into the tuning portion.

Back