Wendy's Fly-Thru....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
I'm going to rescue this thread with a piggy-back post:

http://www.boycottgillette.com

Enjoy.

lol, probably the stupidest webiste i have ever seen :laugh:.

Wal-mart is trying to put those chips into their products.. Its an inventory control thing though, not a pic taking thing. Supposedly, they will be able to tell if products are in the wrong area of the store. Its common for thieves to take a high dollar item, and deposit it in another area of the store that is less secure, then come back later to claim their prize. (less heat from store security cameras) This system would prevent that.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Looks like a bad chop to me. I don't even think those windows open.

:werd:

maybe if it was a WWII-era B17 or something...but I'm pretty sure you can't open the windscreen on any newer passenger aircraft like that...

Nah...all Jumbo's open up...pilots have to have an egress somehow...

Quoted post[/post]]
Wal-mart is trying to put those chips into their products.. Its an inventory control thing though, not a pic taking thing. Supposedly, they will be able to tell if products are in the wrong area of the store. Its common for thieves to take a high dollar item, and deposit it in another area of the store that is less secure, then come back later to claim their prize. (less heat from store security cameras) This system would prevent that.

No way. Wal-Mart implementing an RFID system with triangulation capabilities would NOT be cost effective in the least as an inventory control or security measure. You would have to have a different RFID for each type of product, sensors all over the store to be able to triangulate the position of each item, enough precision to track all these different items when they're packed in so dense, plus not mind that every time you sold a product, an expensive RFID tag went out the door and into the trash can at someone's house.

Maybe if everything Wal-Mart sold was $5000 then the RFID system would make sense.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

maybe if it was a WWII-era B17 or something...but I'm pretty sure you can't open the windscreen on any newer passenger aircraft like that...

quite contrary to belief, they actualy do open up on most planes.... not recomended during flight though :)

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Nah...all Jumbo's open up...pilots have to have an egress somehow...
damn you both beat me to it

Back