Went Autocrossing Yesterday

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yea it was a bunch of fun. There weren't that many people so I got close to 30 runs in total.

Where is that exactly? I may hafta wonder up there one of these days lol.

They dont do much Auto X near me. Just typical road course and drifting at PR and PGP.

you can hit third at thompson speedway with cartct :shrug2:

thats a big lot you got. lucky. it was a rare day when i hit 3rd gear.

Yea its nice, the course yesterday was just shy of a mile. Although I didn't get out of second gear, I could have shifted but I more than likely would have just lost time shifting.

Thanks Matt, my car was turning faster times than a newer Sti, supercharged Mustang, a couple Miatas, an d older gen MR2. The only cars turning faster times than me were the Cobalt SS, Rx8, Mazdaspeed 3, and a 350z. All of which have at least 200 hp on me lol.

This is a private Boeing Employees event and their dependents too btw, that's why attendance is always so limited. Insurance reasons obviously.

I'm pretty sure if I had a B16 or Gsr swap I'd be right up there with them. Right now I'm power limited and have to do my best to carry my momentum around.

Thats the best way to learn how to drive.

because you actually learn how to drive instead of just being able to mash it and make up for it in the straights.

Oh definitely. Getting a chance to drive those faster cars and being able to turn some competitively paced times with only two runs makes me believe that with a more capable car and a little bit more practice id be pretty darn quick. I feel like a fairly capable driver. I know that changes extremely quick once you get on a national scale. Someday id like to have a car that adheres to one of the more competitive classes and see how I fare.

Competitive driver is definitely a passion of mine.

Back