Went Bed shopping with the woman

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Damn straight. The bunks always squeak anyways. Just sucks for the roomate above me, or the one next to me in the other bed.

You really don't have to spend a fortune to get a great mattress. I used to work for an upscale furniture place and the best mattress they carried was still reasonably priced. I bought one and ten years later I still haven't found one more comfortable. There is always a compromise between stiff and soft, I suggest you keep shopping and do some "blind" testing, try a mattress without looking at the price or some well trained salesman blabbing in your ear. Also, check out consumer reports, not the bible on anything, but they might have something to say.

The salesman that we had was cool as hell. He took my parents around to all the expensive beds and told them to lie down on them and shit, blah blah blah. Then he let them in on a little secret, that most of the expensive matresses all have the same amount of support. There really is no difference between x bed that costs 3939827 dollars and x bed that costs 300. It's the level of comfort and "feel" that the different beds appeal to. He was the kind of guy that wasn't out looking for some schmuck to buy the most expensive bed. He did all kinds of tests for my parents to help them find what was best for them. Then I got mine too!

Quoted post[/post]]
The salesman that we had was cool as hell. He took my parents around to all the expensive beds and told them to lie down on them and shit, blah blah blah. Then he let them in on a little secret, that most of the expensive matresses all have the same amount of support. There really is no difference between x bed that costs 3939827 dollars and x bed that costs 300. It's the level of comfort and "feel" that the different beds appeal to. He was the kind of guy that wasn't out looking for some schmuck to buy the most expensive bed. He did all kinds of tests for my parents to help them find what was best for them. Then I got mine too!
I found that far far far far from the truth, we layed on like 14 beds ranging from 400 dollas to 3000 dollars...there is a word of difference in comfort....

they had all the cut outs of bads wrapped in clear plastic so you can see what each bed is made of, its totaly different

I still think it is a matter of personal taste. When I used to work there, what do you think I did when I wasn't loading furniture into some Detroit Lions SUV? (they were always nice but it was funny cause I am not a big guy)

Do the "price blind" test at a different store. Just in case.

Fuck a 2 grand bed.... Gimme a 60" RPLCD TV, and I'll sleep on the cardboard for 2g's out of MY wallet. :p

Bed came in Saturday....I think it needs its own zip code, the thing is HUGE...But i will tell you this.....I've slept like a baby these past two nights, its the most god dam comfortable bed i have ever slept on....worth every penny i paid for....

Back