went to the BAR state ref today..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eg6sir

Supa Mod
VIP
yea.. so after all i have gone through preparing my car for the state ref.. he tells me it wont pass.. all because of a part #.. apparently i have an Acura header.. that i had purchased off of here.. i was told it was for a Del Sol VTEC.. yea.. but i was lyed to.. and i cant put my stock manifold back on because the bottom portion was all jacked up.. it had been cut and there was no flange on it.. now i am searching for the bottom portion of the stock b16 manifold that has the o2 bung by the cat, so i can bolt it to my exhaust.... i tried to put the top portion of the stock manifold on the bottom portion of the DC header.. doesnt fit.. damnit.. i so pissed off right now..

if i lived in that state i would have everything i need to change the car over to pass..i love FL......but atleast you only need an oem header....

Quoted post[/post]]
if i lived in that state i would have everything i need to change the car over to pass..i love FL......but atleast you only need an oem header....
i needed alot more than that.. i went back for my retest.. i had to buy a usdm p30.. TB, IM... etc..

Give Massachusetss 10 years, and I think well have the same problem as well. Almost got failed for not having a stock intake when I first got my car on the road. Showed them the CARB EO #, and they backed off.

Couldn't you just run a Carb EO header? It's amazing how asinine CA smog refs are. I bet your car passes emissions with flying colors, but get hassled for having the wrong ECU or throttlebody.

All this fuss while musclecar guys are running around using no cats, lead fuel additives, and spewing raw fuel out back.

i have a carb exempt header.. its a DC 4-2-1 two piece.. its just that the part # doesnt match the car.. its for an Acura..

damn, im glad i live in the sticks, i just need something that resembles a cat, sometimes

except if you have friends that do that for a living then you dont need anything lol :p

damn that sucks, I'd give you my stock b16a3 header but I dont have one to replace it

jersey isnt that bad either. failed last time because of the catback being to loud. literally pulled out of the bay, put the silencer on, pulled back around and passed. i was there an extra 5 minutes tops because i was being stupid thinking an N1 would pass a db test.

Quoted post[/post]]
except if you have friends that do that for a living then you dont need anything lol :p

Not true.

Tamper with the OBD2 system on a 96 or newer car, in a state that requires vin# confirmation from the DMV, and you can not get a sticker.

In MA, the registry of motor vehicles verifies the vin# on your car by communicating from its central computers (where your title info is stored) with your car thru its OBD2 system . . . if everything checks out then a sticker can be printed. . . . if not, then you dont get one.

Now in MA, smog tests are not given to cars who flunk the OBD2 test . . . OBD repair is required. If your vehicle is repaired and it still wont pass, you have to schedule a meeting with the State EPA and have them 'check out' your car for evidence of OBD tampering and other illegal mods.

I'm moving to RI - or VT. From what I've heard some states only require a visual and mechanical safety test.

Back