went to the track today

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
hey everybody, i finally gota chance to go to the track today, my first time ever. i only got in 3 runs though. first run was horrible, bad launch, bogged, had mad weight in the car, etc. this was jus kind of a baseline run, but i fucked it up anyway. second run, i had taken out my pass. seat, and my subs, along with various rear interior panels. i got a much better launch the second time. third run, i redlighted and was disqualified.

heres the breakdown of my 3 runs:

1st run:

R/T .295
60' 2.461
330 6.797
1/8 10.238
MPH 71.07
1000 13.173
1/4 15.626
MPH 91.79

2nd run:

R/T .107
60' 2.355
330 6.486
1/8 9.810
MPH 73.98
1000 12.643
1/4 15.019
MPH 95.32

3rd run:

R/T -.009
60' 2.352
330 6.489
1/8 9.823
MPH 73.80
1000 12.664
1/4 15.030
MPH 96.49

my basic setup is:

91 CRX Si
94 b18c1 engine w/ 92-93 gsr ys1 tranny
custom AEM intake
Thermal R&D catback
lightened flywheel
centerforce stage 1 clutch
15" rota circuit 8's w/ yokohamma es 100's (195/50/15)
msd superconductor wires
denso irridium plugs

track info:

Cecil county Dragway cecil county, MD
elevation- 320 ft

a guy that was there with me told me that with some practice and better driving skills, i should be able to hit 14.5. i think thats true, the trap speed looks like a mid 14 sec run to me. and my 60's arent that great. also i dont have a header (stock manifold) and i trust thats its restricting me some, and my cat is broken iside and also may begining to clog. gonna do some tune up things (distro cap, rotor, check timing and valves, change oil) and im gonna give it another shot mostlikely next weekend. please realize that this was my first time ever at a real track where your launch mattered. i think i did good for my first time. tell me what you guys think.

Uhh, you should definitely be seeing better times then that. Your trap speed seems like easily a sub 14.5 all day long.

I suggest just keep trying, and going as much as you can to get experience and get those times down.

EDIT: ATleast you had fun right? That's what its all about.

of course i had fun, thats the only reason i went, lol

but yea i know i need practice, it was my first time, and im happy with what i turned out with. i think if i cant get consistent r/t's of .0xx and get my 60' under 2.0 then i will be good.

Under 2.0 would be awesome, but really, I would just try to shoot fro around 2.1 and try to get your times atleast into the mid 14's. I mean my buddy with a shitty ass 88 civic standard with just a b18a with 145k on the motor, intake, hit 14.9 three times before he sold the car. Yeah it blew smoke like a mother, and yeah it wasn't anything close to being gutted.

Agreed, you should be putting up better times most defenitly.

You should try and aim for mid 14s.

Just keep practicing your launch and you'll get better. Don't just dump the clutch!

That's what its all about, as long as you have fun, its all goood.

yea im gonna try to go again on sunday, itll be a different track, but my friend who goes there, tells me that you generally run slightly faster times at this one. when launching i revved to about 3500-4000, then feathered the cluch out a bit, and always got a little wheelspin, but not much, was chirping second too. any suggestions on my launch? but i had a question about my gearing also. when i was running, i was shifting at about 7800, maybe a little less, and always ended up hitting 4th gear right before the end. but my last run, i decided to go deeper on each gear, i shifted 7900-8000rpms first and second, and on third i crossed the finish line at around 8000-8100rpms. i ended up with a slower time, but a higher trap speed. where should i be shifting? was it a good idea to try to go deeper on each gear, or was it the cause of my slower time? im just looking for a few tips here. thanks.

not bad ian, you should be right around where i will be with the mid 14's run. i'll try to go with you next weekend. i was busy this weekend.

yea i called you like twice, but its cool, im going to capitol next weekend, ill give you a call.

Shouldn't you be running faster than that? My friend has a B16a2 in a 95 Ex coupe and he runs like 14.3 with just bolt-ons and no back seat. I thought a B18c Crx would be faster than that.

yea i know its got more potential. what tires was he running? what elevation was the track? tempurature that day? wha were his 60' times? ect. those all come into effect, my tires arent really for dragging, and it was hot as fuck when i went, on a cooler day, im sure itll go faster. and my 60' times suck, as you can see. and you said he has bolt on's? so he probably has a header too, i dont, and its restricing the whole I/H/E, one or two wont help that much, you need all three to make the biggest difference. but yes, with better driving and a few other little things, it can definitley run faster.

Nitto 555 drag radials
No idea on elevation
It was hot as hell out
don't remember 60 ft. times
CAI, header, exhaust. I think that's about it.
I wasn't baggin' on your set-up or anything, I just thought a GSR'd rex would be quicker than that.

Originally posted by khrisb@Sep 8 2003, 01:09 PM
Nitto 555 drag radials
No idea on elevation
It was hot as hell out
don't remember 60 ft. times
CAI, header, exhaust. I think that's about it.
I wasn't baggin' on your set-up or anything, I just thought a GSR'd rex would be quicker than that.

i know what you meant, but i was saying that it should be faster, i just cant drive yet :lol: plus im on size 195 es100's (ok grip, more for everyday driving) im sure if i had some slicks or drag radials i can do alot better too. im gonna borrow a friends header and work on launches some more and hopefully end up with a better time.

96 mph is good for a 14 flat, if not a 13.9 with some traction. what were you running for tire pressure? how bad was your launch? did you dump? did you ride? did you have wheel hop?

look back on what you did and how you can improve it

tire pressure was at 24psi. i think my launch was bad, i reved to 3.5k and feathered the clutch out with a little wheelspin, but not anything like a burnout. didnt feel like i had any wheel hop, but i really wasnt paying attention, but its possible. r/t's were good, but 60's were killing me. any suggestions B? im open to anything that could improve my time. also any suggestions on adjustments i can make to the engine or car (without stripping the whole fucking car) that could help pull some more power?

yeah, you should be runnin low 14's to mid 14's, you 60ft's need a little help.

Keep going, practice launchs

I would keep up with the weight reduction and go with smaller tires like 14's if you didn't have them on or not! This will help you accelarte faster!! I use alumminum 13's on my car and it helps out alot!!

Originally posted by JDMilan@Sep 25 2003, 05:33 PM
get some HX rims and throw on some 555's

yea my rotas weigh like the same as hx rims. but ill be back to the track soon, ive been busy with schoolwork and such, not to mention a lot of tune-up things. i replaced plugs,wires, distro cap, distro rotor, fuel filter, and oil/filter. my engine seems to be running better now (smoother, stronger). so we will see. hopefuly ill be picking up a header and put it on with my carsound high flow cat i just bought too. and within a month or 2, i will be getting the jimfab traction bar. so the times will get better i promise :)

Back