Went to the Track

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Cashizslick

!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!
Well, i finally went to the track with my car.

My first run ever was horrible lol. After i staged, i just kinda looked around and was thinking, "Wow, im actually at the track". Then before i knew it the light was green and in a panic i got a shitty launch for a time of 15.829 @ 88mph.

2 runs later howerver, (after getting the hang of the lights and a better launch) i was able to run 15.631 @ 89mph.

How did i do? I had fun, but i really think my car is capeable of at least 15.5 or 15.4 if i get a better launch. I definately plan on going to the track again.

BTW, the only mods on my B16 are a crappy intake and a Catback exhaust (stock headers and catylitic converter.)

Originally posted by Cashizslick@Jun 25 2004, 06:26 PM
stock headers

I bet you could run a faster time if you took that extra header out of your back seat... LOL

just playing, good to hear ya had fun...

not to bad. my friend and i went yesterday and he ran a 15.35 with a b16a in a 94 ex coupe. he had cai, header, high flow cat, rear section. he had really bad wheel hop at launch. o and he was running falkens.

My friends, who are into drag racing, gave me a pretty good argument.

They said that the slow cars (Anything slower than high 13's to them) are what is bringing the track down. It's open to the public, and anyone can get in. What if common road cars were getting on the road courses with prepared and modified supercars ?

The wait at the drags are long, and you don't get in too many runs. It's hardly worth it unless you're going to break into some major numbers, or need to test your mods for a serious sanctioned event. Drag racing is disappointing now because you get 3 runs in for 20 bucks, then you're waiting again.

And that's because of people bringing 15 second cars.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity@Jun 25 2004, 07:06 PM

They said that the slow cars (Anything slower than high 13's to them) are what is bringing the track down. It's open to the public, and anyone can get in. What if common road cars were getting on the road courses with prepared and modified supercars ?

The wait at the drags are long, and you don't get in too many runs. It's hardly worth it unless you're going to break into some major numbers, or need to test your mods for a serious sanctioned event. Drag racing is disappointing now because you get 3 runs in for 20 bucks, then you're waiting again.

-> Steve

Tell your friends i have 2 words for them.

I wanted to go to the track because i have never done so before. I had fun - with my slow ass car.

My goal is to get into the mid - low 14's (with a header and a bottle). . . then im done with building a honda.

Originally posted by Celerity@Jun 25 2004, 04:06 PM
What if common road cars were getting on the road courses with prepared and modified supercars ?

i see it at every track event :) drivers are usually damn good though running in the higher groups and dont' cause too much traffic.

That is pretty good mang. My best time is a 16 flat and I have more mods than you and a biiger displacement. :worthy:

Ya I just ran my crx for the first time tues at the track, it was slow, 10.2 1/8mile but I had fun. My roommate always takes his `78 chevy pickup there just so he can do a burnout, he ran a 12.3 1/8mile with that thing. Who cares what other people think of your car, I am sure thier car didn't start off in the low 13s, unless its a high end fbody or a viper or something.

You should be a tad bit faster what tranny do you have?

I had a 95 Civic DX at the time stock B16. wrong ECU cat back exhuast and a ebay intake I ran 15.2s one after another oh and that was WITH a LS tranny
with the SIR/B16 tranny it should have been around 14.6-14.8

How are you shifting? try doing full throttle shifts and work on your launch. IMO Hondas on street tires tend to get the best 60 foot times if you launch with a TINY TINY TINY wheel chirp anything more then a tad bit of spinning will hurt your 60 foot times

-> Steve

then you definately shouldnt be at the track. :lol:

-> Steve

fuck that. i paid my money, just like they did. just because they have fast cars doesnt mean shit.

Originally posted by jeffie7@Jun 25 2004, 10:32 PM
another oh and that was WITH a LS tranny

Dude read his sig. He has an LSD tranny, so already a b16 tranny. And 14.6 with just a swap is pretty fast.

Originally posted by 97CTR+Jun 26 2004, 07:08 AM-->
@Jun 25 2004, 10:32 PM
another oh and that was WITH a LS tranny

Dude read his sig. He has an LSD tranny, so already a b16 tranny. And 14.6 with just a swap is pretty fast.

14.6 with just a swap is kinda fast but I've seen it done before and more then once

just look at my Civic one 15.2 after another

I had my heavy ass wheel on the car, with Kuhmos might I add. The wrong ECU "vtec came on later then I wanted and ended too early 8200. should have been 8500.
I also had my stereo and interior. top that off with an LS tranny. I ran 15.2 almost everysingle time I ran on two different days doing about 8 runs total.

SIR tranny alone would have droped me into the 14s no doubt! let alone a LSD tranny.

Just pick up an old SCCM they had the project Civic it was a 92-95 hatch with B16 and minor bolt ons I believe that car ran 14.7

well, i bet jeffie is just a better driver than i am. Ill be the first to admit i need a lil work on my launch, and it was my first time at the track.

Im going to try to get a 4 - 1 header to take a couple of 10ths of a second off my time (with better driving obviously).

:werd: Its all about the driving IMO for cars like yours.

My friend had a ls swapped ef w/clutch, flywheel, and just intake, and he ran consistently 14.9's right when he got it. He put another 30k of beating the shit on it, and was smoking pretty bad and the clutch was good and glazed and he managed consistent 14.9's again, just because since he first did the swap over time he learned how to drive the car that much better.

Over time, you could easily shave .2-.5 off your time I'm guessing just from practice.

88mph is good for low 15's anyways.

youre friend seem like assholes. a person who really enjoyed racing and all that it brings would appreciate the fact that more people are getting into and bringing more people out. also, where else are people who want to get into it learn? Even if they have a slow car they can still learn the basics of timing the tree, launching, and prepping their car. Just cause your friends have fast cars doesnt meant that they own the drag strip.

Back