Were Can I Buy Cheap Big Brakes For Integra?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

screw it. bigger does not = better stopping power automatically.

get some good pads.rotors in your stock size, and i bet it will be more than you need

AEM just came out with a new big brake set that uses the stock calipers, and therefore cost less than othere sets of the same caliber. there was an article in one of the mags where they installed it on an rsx. might be available for your car.

http://www.aempower.com

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 10 2003, 11:37 PM

more surface area does, simple physics.

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Mar 11 2003, 02:39 AM
AEM just came out with a new big brake set that uses the stock calipers, and therefore cost less than othere sets of the same caliber. there was an article in one of the mags where they installed it on an rsx. might be available for your car.

http://www.aempower.com

The closest ones that would fit my car were the ex (under del sol, they had VTEC only ie ABS only) and the kit cost a little over 400.

Originally posted by Calesta+Mar 11 2003, 06:45 PM-->
Originally posted by B16@Mar 11 2003, 03:31 PM
pissedoffsol
@Mar 10 2003, 11:37 PM
screw it.  bigger does not = better stopping power automatically.

:withstupid:

my point was:

a stock size brembo blank and a hawk pad WILL out stop an aem big brake upgrade.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 11 2003, 02:37 AM
get some good pads.rotors in your stock size, and i bet it will be more than you need

:worthy: integra sized brakes with good pads and some ss lines will stop u just fine, no need to waste money on a big brake kit if stopping is ur only concern.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Mar 12 2003, 01:13 AM-->
Originally posted by Calesta@Mar 11 2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by B16@Mar 11 2003, 03:31 PM
pissedoffsol
@Mar 10 2003, 11:37 PM
screw it.  bigger does not = better stopping power automatically.

:withstupid:

my point was:

a stock size brembo blank and a hawk pad WILL out stop an aem big brake upgrade.

Just about anything will stop better than an AEM big brake upgrade. :lol:

Originally posted by heterosapian@Mar 14 2003, 11:52 PM

its much more about leverage than surface area of pad contact

Very true. You need that surface area to make sure you can apply that leverage though, and the extra surface area allows better pedal feel, which in turn allows you to threshold brake more accurately.

Back