were can i buy fiber glass

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rockhillhonda

i want to know if anyone can tell me where the best place is to buy fiberglass so i can make my own custom box for all my speakers in my car and in the doors, thanks.

Most auto shops carry a selection of fiberglass supplies. I have found the best selection and prices at home depot, but I would image that any major hardware store would have it.

mairne supply stores are the cheapest place and they have a huge selection of difrent weves and weights.

for custom boxes you want to use something more than just strictly fiberglass

try like old sweat shirts and shit like that as your base material

e.g.

make your base or whatever, then stretch some sweatshirts over the entire thing and then cover it with fiberglass resin. this will give you a nice hard shell then on the inside mix up a bunch of the long strand bondo-hair or whatever the hell is called, it is long standed fiberglass reenforced bondo... take that and mix that up, then mix up some fiberglass resein and mix it together like 60 bodno/40resin and then spread that inside the encloser that will seal the box really good and then you can lay a few layers of fiberglass over the entire encloser...then you can put some regular bondo over the entire thing to smooth it out

or you can use speaker carpet instead of the sweat shirts, i hear that works better but who knwos

walmart usualy has like 4x4 square sheets of fiberglass

is it eay to make a custom bow for door speakers ??? is i have never done it before, or is there a cheaper way of doing it ?? i have no money right now, which sucks ass !!!

fiber glass is not cheap to use it will run about 100 to do a box. you need to buy glass, resin, hardner, a fiberglass reinforced boddy filler ike kitty hair. bondo, glazing putty, primer, and sealer, paint, clear coat

Back