we're getting a new server :)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
yes, our server kicks ass.... but we're getting an even better one. Basically, switching companies.

our current server:

Dual 2.4GB Xeon
(2) 73GB SCSI Drives
2GB Ram
1 IP
1.7TB transfer
No Backup solutions
No Manage Server solutions

our new one:

Dual 2.8GB Xeon
(2) 80GB SATA Drives
2GB Ram
11 IP Block
2TB transfer
40GB tape back-up space on Veritas backup system.
Manage Service, they apply upgrades and patches to the OS.

so basically, we are getting a better server, most space/ x-fer, and all that, and its roughly the same price.

Looks like we'll be getting it this week, before our next month bill comes in, and move over to the new server.

I EXPECT ZERO interruptions of service- maybe 5 min or so while I move the DB to the new server. after that, both will serve files until all dns settings have udated for everyone.

:worthy:

You rock ! One of the fastest car forums online gets faster !

What are you doing with the old machine?

-> Steve

its a rented server. basically, it gets erformmated and re-sold/rented to someone else at EV1.net

damn i love this place, it keeps getting better. i remember when brian only had like a couple thousand posts...and now this.

how much do they charge to rent out your old server on a monthly basis?

my server sucks ass.

Server has just been purchased. Sites will be moved within the next 4-5 days, no downtime anticipated.

to add....

The server is home to:
HondaSwap
HondaShowOff
FordShowOff
AccordWagonClub
and I'm guessing AutoShowOff when it's up

Originally posted by SpodaB1@Apr 21 2004, 04:06 PM
We're all goin to loose all of our names and posts and shit?

we shouldn't, however about a year ago, b upgraded the board, something screwed up, and all posts were lost. Another time it for some reason just deleted a ton of posts between a certian time period.

while upgrading the board i fucked it up.

we're moving servers. all that is going to change is the linux path... /user/var/home/hondaswap/ directory will need to be changed to reflect the new server. other than that, its a simple file transfer

Back