were to find usdm b16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b16bri

hey i was wondering dose anyone know a website or anyplace other than monda that sells usdm b16a motor and tranny and ecu. I'm looking for one from a 99-00 si.I know tons of places that sell jdm b16a but to make things easier for the swap and emissions purposes I was trying to find a 99si motor tranny ecu and engine harness. Is this practical or just go with the jdm

Japan-Direct might have one(their website is usedengines or something like that). There's also Import Auto Salvage that's pretty much all-Honda/Acura junk yard. Both are located in NC.

Does it matter if its a JDM motor in your state? If not.....go JDM b/c most 99 si coupes are road hard and put away wet before they get wrapped around a pole and sent to a junkyard where you find it.

Better luck with JDM swaps (in terms of compression, miles, etc) But you will need to use your engine harness (b/c JDM are RHD) and depending on your car.....you'll need to run VTEC lines to the ECU

ok if i did use the jdm harness i would just have to extend the wires that connected the engine harness to the incar harness correct ? And if not and if i need to add vetec lines to my ecu how is that done ?

Thanks for all the help

First off.....what is the car its going into? Year/Model/Trim/Etc
I Need to know your current car situation to help further. But I'm going to guess its an OBD1 set up (since they seem to be the most popular)

Do not use the JDM harness....its silly to think about extending AND shortening a crap load of wires.....with all that soldering...its a pain in the ass. I'm guessing you have no harness in the car (b/c you asked about the JDM harness after I stated to use your current engine harness). So since you have no harness.....I suggest you hit up a few recyclers/junkyards and find something to work. I got a D16Z6 for $70 and only had to modify a few things (VTEC/O2 extensions)

t's going in an obd2 1997 or 1998 civic this is a new project that hasent started yet just trying to get a solid plan. the reason i talked about the jdm harness is becuase the motor i was gonna get came with one. So my options are A- get a usdm vtec harness or B- all vtec lines from the ecu. which is better and if adding the wires is how is that done.

Your civic has a different engine harness than mine. Yours is one piece and goes all the way into the cabin to the ECU. You can put the swap straight in but you will have to unplug all that is attached to the old engine...yank motor/trans/mounts/axles/shift linkage/ECU....place the OBD2A B16A parts in (same as you just pulled out) plus you can hack the VTEC lines off the JDM Harness and run extensions into the cabin/ECU location but you will need to get 'donor pins' from a junkyard. Just cut a whole clip (4in+ long) from the ECU plug off a similar year civic (OBD2). If you get yourself this far....I will help educate you further. Get a decent swap and we'll go from there. (Hmotors is good)

Thats were i got my first motor from and were i'll be getting my second from. How about this. The motor will be fully built and turboed anyways so lets say 1997 lx civic. Obd1 jdm b16a and jdm p30 ecu.If i remove the old motor tranny axels, linkage and mounts and remove the engine harness. If i swap the jdm b16 in and locate and use a 1996-1998 usdm EX harness the vtec lines should already be in. So now the motor is in with that harness and b16 axels,tranny mounts ect. everything should just plug in except injector plug (gonna be getting 1000cc injectors anyways it should i think just plug into the harness if not i know they make clips) the dizzy plugs ( i have a 99si dizzy here that i baught from dizzyking it will work on the b16 and should plug in to the usdm harness). And i think the alltornator is different so if i have to buy a 99si one to get it to work so be it. jdm ecus dont look for the second 02 sensor, so i dont need to worry about that all though i do want one to be wired in for when i try and go threw emmisions it will pass. Would this be all i have to do to get the swap to work.

tiggerjapanesemotors.com they sell the drop for best price i het all my swaps from them all otors have 25-40k on them i have ordered 10 swaps since october no issue also convert your ecu to obd1 u can use a p30 its a b16 delsol work smart not hard all motors in my albums are from tiger

Back