were to get a GTR Skylane?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sergey P.A.

somebody know any good web sites were I can look up some JDM skylines,

cuz the other day I opened an Autotrader magazine and I saw an old school skyline, by "old school" I mean not the one from 2f2f, you know what I mean....

so this shit was like 60,000 $$$,

:(

I heard you can get a skyline for close to 30g's, I am not sayin' brand new or somthing, I jest whant to see how much they cost...

thanks,

It's Skyline... but call Motorex in California. They import em....last I knew the GTRs are $50k plus import and USDOT/EPA legalization fees and taxes.

and does somebody know's what kind of changes you have to make if you import a car let's say from Germany=Europe or from Japan,

and if somebody ever done it,

let me know how much this shit costs cuz I did some research and it was to expensive and I mean up to 10g's=average and aroung 5g's if you shop around.....

do you guy's know something about it.....

hit me back....

Hi,

Check out ebay, or check into importing one from JPN (lots of $$).

Well I picked an Autotrader for the Toronto, Ontario, Canada area. I found an 89 Skyline with 550HP for $27,500 Cdn drool drool.

you could import one as a "parts car" but the whole idea is to get one over here for DOT standards that is where it gets pricey.

I was thinking about getting one myself, so i called Motorex, and on top of the price of the car they charge $17,000 to make it legal. I called alot of importers and Motorex is the only place in cali that can import a skyline, because they took the time to get a cert for the car. One place i called wants to do it but needs 12 people to make it worth it for him to get his own cert. They also told me the only right hand drive cars you can import to the U.S. is the skyline & some toyota. So if you want right hand drive you have to convert a usdm car to it.

Originally posted by brc80@Dec 19 2003, 06:15 PM
They also told me the only right hand drive cars you can import to the U.S. is the skyline & some toyota. So if you want right hand drive you have to convert a usdm car to it.

bullshit.

i know someone personally who has a rhd jdm del sol. i've seen it, driven it, 100% US legal, papers from secretary of state and everything.

Originally posted by pills_PMD+Dec 19 2003, 04:52 PM-->
@Dec 19 2003, 06:15 PM
They also told me the only right hand drive cars you can import to the U.S. is the skyline & some toyota. So if you want right hand drive you have to convert a usdm car to it.

bullshit.

i know someone personally who has a rhd jdm del sol. i've seen it, driven it, 100% US legal, papers from secretary of state and everything.

it would then be a CRX right? :p

:werd: there is no delsol in japan ;)

brc80 probably meant that the only rhd cars that are already set up for cert. by a company are the skyline and the toyota. im sure with enough $$$ anyone can certify whatever car they choose.

How much is an R34 GTR in Japan, I mean if I was living there and wated a used one.

crx del sol d15b2 somethin err other...
it's got all japanese writing on the sun visors and shit. and all the warning labels... and it has a transtop.

Back