1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

were to go from here, built b16 going for boost

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by steacy91, May 12, 2012.

1. steacy91

steacy91 New Member

I've been putting my jdm b16a together for some time now, heres what ive ended up with so far

supertech 81.5 mm 9:1 forged pistons
    eagle forged rods
    acl main/rod bearings
    supertech valves
    supertech springs
    supertech retainers
    arp head studs
    cometic gasket kit
    stock cams
    yonaka stage 3 6 puck, wouldnt have bought it but i read a couple good things
    itr s80 hydro lsd tranny

now im just looking for some oppinions, but would i be safe running it on a gt3076r or similar and shooting for a daily driver set up around 350 horse with a drag tune of around 400-425? trying to stay away from to high of a boost figure. lets get some thoughts going here, cheers.

2. steacy91

steacy91 New Member

Oh ya, one more thing, my rev limiter, seems to be a hot topic, would i be safe to set it for around 9200 with the work ive done?

3. FLounder

FLounder power hungry VIP

why rev so high? i would stay around 8500 or so, at least until you optimize the setup for higher rpm powerband.... victor x, bigger than stock throttle body, and some better cams.

sounds like a solid boost build, and yes i think 300-350 is a good goal on pump gas. you dont need more than that on the street anyways, traction is a real issue.

4. steacy91

steacy91 New Member

ok great. do you think a turbonetics t3/t4 .63 ar be suitable for the goal i have in mind or would i be putting to much boost to get the 425 id like to see max, if not what would be the best? will a 2.5 inch downpipe get the job done or would i be better with a 3 inch? Thanks for helping out hondaswap has my made my first build a shit ton easier

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted