1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what 2 do what 2 do

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by boosted96, Aug 1, 2009.

1. boosted96

boosted96 New Member

ok so i have an issue and i am stuck i need help if any one can ....so my car is throwing the code of p1337 which i know what this means and i know how to fix it BUT i replaced the sensor and rewired the sensor as well as my harness and i still got the code the i did the ckp trick and guess what it still says the same damn thing tried clearing the codes and it clears and then come right back on car seems to run a lil better after doing the trick but still ****** up any other ideas on what i can do ......Thank you
  2. BlackFrog

BlackFrog Neighborhood Lush

North Freakin' Idaho
    Just because its a CSF code doesnt mean it necessarily has to do with the crank sensor. The CSF looks at the signal from the distributor, and compares it with what the crank sensor is saying to see if they jive. There could be problems within the distributor (which should have some associating cam sensor code or something of the likes) I would also check the reluctor ring that the crank sensor reads off of to make sure it is not damaged, caked up with crud, or anything else that can mangle its output. Also, your wiring repair can make the ecu read a good signal as bad, depending on the resistance of the circuit you have created. Excessive length of wire or connections add resistance and change the voltage reading the computer see's.
Draft saved Draft deleted