what a suprise- ohio electroal votes contested.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

this happens every election - no big suprise at all- just this year kerry folded with out contest

MY United States of America has 46 states.

And Ohio isn't one of them. I say we invade.

-> Steve

Originally posted by StarBellieAngel@Dec 14 2004, 11:50 AM
oh well. kerry knows he lost. it's over. fooking whiners.
[post=431922]Quoted post[/post]​

werd, shut up and wait 4 yrs.

hahahaha... i didn't like EITHER candidate. so, i'm not complaining about the republicans... or the democrats, because i'm NEITHER.

so, i was just saying... everyone complains when it's clearly already over... not only that, but it's not always the voters, but the ones who COUNT the votes in the end that make up the election.

whatever... i don't want to argue about who's better or whatever... because i'm not into politics. i hate the government. don't get me wrong, i love america, but it's just so messed up in the big wigs chairs... and there's not much i can do aside from get elected to a seat and try to change things, but that won't happen.

For history's sake, it's be nice to have an accurate count of the votes. I would also love a breakdown of the absentee ballots from all the states, especially those cast by our military personnel. Our voting systems suck. :angry:

Of course, nothing can ever be 100% accurate, but something better can be developed and also making the process easier with less waiting for higher voter turnout elections.

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Dec 14 2004, 11:33 AM
Of course, nothing can ever be 100% accurate, but something better can be developed and also making the process easier with less waiting for higher voter turnout elections.
[post=432052]Quoted post[/post]​

Maybe its just me but i dont find it that hard to vote for the person i want. :shrug2:

And to the comment on less waiting. If the election is not somthing worth waiting for, i guess nothing is. We are now in a society of instant gratification.

creating an accurate voting system is very simple. i could probably code it in two days with php.

eveyone who is allowed to vote has a social security number.
bam, there's your voter ID number, hashed, md5_sumed, and with the mathematics called excursions, create check digits and so forth. Hell, the UPC system has this. i think our gov't can pull it off. This fo course is all so the common man can't read it of course, but to the computer, it will make sense.

voter goes into booth- enters social security number
computer checks id (hell, CT and NY licenses have a bar code on them now, freakin scan it. the rest of you states from the 1920's looking license can shove it :D )

so there we have it, an unique ID, 1 big database, INSTANT results.
by means of keeping the user table seperated from the votes table, the poll still remains anonyous. the user table must simply be checked to see if you have permission. when doing so, a unique id is given that lasts 2 seconds. the screen moves on to the vote, the id is destroyed. the person now has all the time in the word to make their choice- they simply can't go back.

or, we can still use paper.

christ. whot he fuck uses paper any more?
absentee ballots are a fucking waste- as you can see, they don't even really freakin count.
if it were done online, and from the comfort of your own home, library, or anywhere else with internet access, voter turnout would be higher, results would be instant, there wouldn't be a damn line anywhere, and well, it can be built in less than two days.

but we live in america

and we're afraid of change.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 14 2004, 04:29 PM
creating an accurate voting system is very simple. i could probably code it in two days with php.

eveyone who is allowed to vote has a social security number.
bam, there's your voter ID number, hashed, md5_sumed, and with the mathematics called excursions, create check digits and so forth. Hell, the UPC system has this. i think our gov't can pull it off. This fo course is all so the common man can't read it of course, but to the computer, it will make sense.

voter goes into booth- enters social security number
computer checks id (hell, CT and NY licenses have a bar code on them now, freakin scan it. the rest of you states from the 1920's looking license can shove it :D )

so there we have it, an unique ID, 1 big database, INSTANT results.
by means of keeping the user table seperated from the votes table, the poll still remains anonyous. the user table must simply be checked to see if you have permission. when doing so, a unique id is given that lasts 2 seconds. the screen moves on to the vote, the id is destroyed. the person now has all the time in the word to make their choice- they simply can't go back.

or, we can still use paper.

christ. whot he fuck uses paper any more?
absentee ballots are a fucking waste- as you can see, they don't even really freakin count.
if it were done online, and from the comfort of your own home, library, or anywhere else with internet access, voter turnout would be higher, results would be instant, there wouldn't be a damn line anywhere, and well, it can be built in less than two days.

but we live in america

and we're afraid of change.
[post=432118]Quoted post[/post]​

Brian, if it was that simple it would be done. Don't be ignorant. There are flaws in every system.

What if the database goes down?

If it was online, what happens when its hacked into? Results are changed unknowingly, even if the changes are known...voting would probably have to reoccur.

Seriously its definately no where near as simple as you make it out to be. Yes, many of the people running the country are idiots and always have been and always will be, but some of the challenges they face are not as simple as look at face value.

all the close states need a recount. concidering that by the exit polls used in several states, (which had kerrry winnnig or tied, and then bush declared the winner), correlated to the actual election night count, the chance that those results changed that much was something like 255,000 to one. not good odds. and also concidering that every independent vote recount done in florida after the 2000 election showed gore winning, i think its vital for a recount. and im with you B, there has got to be some better way to do this shit.

Back