what a suprise- ohio electroal votes contested.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Dec 15 2004, 12:06 AM
Brian, if it was that simple it would be done. Don't be ignorant. There are flaws in every system.

What if the database goes down?

If it was online, what happens when its hacked into? Results are changed unknowingly, even if the changes are known...voting would probably have to reoccur.

it IS that simple, and while there are flaws- its very simple to create safely and accurately.

Enterprise level servers rarely go down.
more so, this would not be hosted on a windows box. lol
databases can be real-time replicated to a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and up to 21312323rd servers in other countrys, states, or rooms of a building.

set up correctly with a proper network and server solution, there is no reason why an oracle-like T-sql server couldn't handel a 65 million hit page load over the course of a day.

hell, google does that everyday.

hacking into a well-setup network is near impossible. i think the FBI mainframe (and mainframes are so freaking old IMO) has been hacked into twice. What you need to do, is hire the two guys who got in to set it up.
Seriously its definately no where near as simple as you make it out to be. Yes, many of the people running the country are idiots and always have been and always will be, but some of the challenges they face are not as simple as look at face value.
[post=432343]Quoted post[/post]​

i really think it can be done easily, and for under $100,000 complete. pocket change on that level.

So how would they verify that the person voting is using their actual SS#? What if I got your SS# and voted for you. I have all your info, I can do a search on google and find Brian Cummisky's (sp?) home address, mother's maiden name, and all other info. Identity theaft would be a BIG problem with this system.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Dec 14 2004, 05:55 PM
fooking whiners.

more like fucking corrupt GOP...
[post=431931]Quoted post[/post]​

Oh fuckin' wha' your football team lost, so it must be the corrupt leagues fault right?

I like the paper ballot idea, hell you could pay homeless to count them, and lower unemployment for a few weeks.

anything has got to be better than GOP backed companies writing code to deliver votes for kerry to bush...

and there is no reason NOT to have a paper trail on these voting machines...

wtf???

Back