what about power to weight ratio

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Cecil

Ok in case you don't know i have a "01 honda accord sedan
"ultimate sleeper"
i think my car weighs around 30k-32k if am not wrong.
now with that in mind approx. how much power do i need to produce to get down
the track in ten seconds?full interior and no bodykit.
Thanks in advance for all positive info.

it won't happen.

end of story.

no accord will run 10s with full interior, ever. if it does, i will give you $50.

I never knew an accord weighed in at 30000 lbs but in reality a 3000 lbs accord just isnt gona make a 10 second pass, BTW your just not going to have a daily driven 10 second car.

ok i think u guys think i have a SOHC f23a1
but i don't am doing a h23 vtec with turbo and a small shot of NOS"75"
i already have pistons,rods,sleeves.
top end am thinking if i should go with a gude package
or just build that myself also.
it is possibli to have a 10 sec daily car i have tapes that i taped myself
of two cars acrua rsx type-s running high to mid 10s full interior and "looks" bone stock.also there is a ACCORD with FULL interior built engine and ran 10s also.
i cant tell u what they done to there cars because after they made there second pass they both left together.
al i can tell you is one have inline pro sticker on it and the other says Import Derams.after i seen that i know it can be done i just need to know how much power i need to get thow the track.Thanks for all possitive info.

Ok in case i did not tell you guys i don't have a SOHC f23a1 motor inder the hood.
am working on a h23 vtec with turbo and a small shot of NOS "75".
my bottom end is built only thing that is stock is the crankshaft.
hankthecrank was going to charge me 2800.00 to build one for me. i just cant spend that kinda cash right now.they make all custom internal parts for the "top"
LS1's and also some of the fast honda's in the IRA. but anyway i know it can be done because i seen it with my own eyes and also catched it on tape at Capitol raceway in Baltimore, MD.I cant upload it but if any of you want proof i will be happy to send you a copy of this tape it's only 30min long.the only thing i need to know is how much power i need to get down the track that fast.oh and both cars
are daily driven."street tags".if they can do it i can thats how i look at it.but i see your point but i spend every penny on building this motor and am determine to get into the 10sec bracket with full interior.once again thanks for all the positive info.

A guy in Puerto Rico built an 800 HP H22a, Methanol/Turbo car. It was in a CRX. This car ran 8.90's and weighed 2000 lbs.

there is a crx (pro sponsored drag car) fully gutted with roll cage and an H22 all-motor putting 250hp to the wheels and its running 10's. i imagine it weighs about between 1600-1700lbs.

good luck - doubt that it can be done

and if you do shit, I will give you 200 bucks..

I thought of it a little, it is possible but not on a budget. Let me put it this way if you got AT LEAST another 5 grand to drop into car it can be done. I defenitly would go with a t3/t4 and since you say it's already built then set the boost at around 18-20 psi, then if you really feel the need to send a rod through the block spray that naaws.

I think 20-23psi and a 75 shot of nitrious should put me there.
i know i can get 98octane at the gas station not to far from me
and cam2 i can get whenever i need.but the thing you guys have to understand
is that this car when am finish well be tuned by JE Import performance here in
Parkton, MD.
they told me that with all the mods i have plus i have to get a little bit more
they can tune my car and get me in the 10sec bracket or low low 11s.
thats why am trying to find the propper gearing to suite my setup.
by the way i already have atleast 8-9 grand in the motor and to stop halfway would be ludicrous.thanks for all positive info.

you're not running 10s dude. get it our of your mind.

I'd be SUPRISED if you ran an 11 with a full interior accord. h23vtec turbo and nawsssssss all you want, its just too heavy, and won't get enough traction.

I'm not telling you to stop- I'm just telling you that your goal is unrealistic- even on a $40,000 budget.

as for gearing, the closer the better.

what size slick do you plan to run?

not sure what size slicks am going with at this moment.
when i get the car up and running then we will will know what size would be best
for max traction.
by the way everybody told me i won't hit low 14s with my stock f23a1 SOHC.
well they were wrong i ran a 14.40@98mph full interior same car with a 75 shot single fogger NOS setup.trust me it can be done i just need to know how much power i need.i've seen and taped a accord same body style as mine and a acura rsx type-s full interior run 10s i just don't know how much power they have putting down to the ground.also gearing plays a BIG role in how fast you get down the track.(you could have a 800whp setup and with the wrong gearing could run a13sec pass. or run out of gears before the 1000 foot mark!).thanks for all positive info.

Back