what all doesn't match up?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

seanjuan

besides the obvious vtec and knock sensor stuff which I have allready taken care of is there anything on the D engine that isn't on the B engine

specifically on the intake manifold?

I have one two wire plug left over on the d's harness that I can't find a place for on the B engine. The wire connected to a small "something" on the back of the D's intake manifold and had a small vacumm line that tapped into the manifold. I couldn't find anything like that on the B

I will try to get some pics of this up later this afternoon, but I thought i'd start the thread and see if anyone knows what I'm talking about

thanks much

did you just leave the plug alone then without any negative effects?

what does the evap purge valve do anyway? isn't there one on the B?

here's a pic of what I'm talking about if it helps

unknownsensor.jpg

yeah I just left it hanging,
actually I zip tied it out of the way
JDM B16's don't have that connection, and a JDM ecu won't look for it

I 've had my swap completed for about 2 weeks ,
and I drove it on a 600 mile trip 4 days after I finished it ,
no probs

sounds good

what tranny came with yours?
there is a sticker on my tranny that says Y21

the place I got it from said that it had a honda factory LSD but checking around I don't think that LSD was an option on the Y21, as soon as we get the axles in (today) we should be able to tell based on how they rotate
(if it's lsd then if I spin one forward the other should go the same way)

I'm kind of worried that the guy either didn't give me the right tranny or that they might have welded the spider gears on the tranny to make it seem like lsd

I'll find out today and then I'll be in contact with the guy

where did you get your motor from?

I got my motor from Hmotorsonline.com
it was in great condition
runs smooth and the tranny(y21) doesn't grind
did'nt get LSD, because I figured had more of a chance of being abused by last owner
as far as being LSD it should be stamped on the outside, but it is possible that it got wiped off during a cleaning,
I am pretty confident that an LSD was a factory option on the y21
as far as spinning the wheels to find out, not sure
good luck

Originally posted by sleepercivic@Jul 23 2003, 01:07 PM
as far as being LSD it should be stamped on the outside, but it is possible that it got wiped off during a cleaning

from what steve at h motors told me, only cable lsd and type r trannys have the stamp.

you might have problems with emissions without that evap sensor working.

I'm not worried about emisions because MN doesn't do that anymore, one of the reasons I got a JDM engine as well.

there is no place on the B for an evap purge valve and therefore I'm assuming that the JDM ecu doesn't check for it as well

Back