What are the advantages/Disadvantages

Which Alarm is better

• ComputStar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BrowNKiD

What are ur opinions on either system? Over all question which alarm is better.

I voted for other...just get any decent alarm that has door actuators and a starter kill. anything else is just worthless IMO because they all do the same thing unless you get a pager alarm. if someone wants your car bad enough, they take it with your ass still in it. i'm in Cali and one of my homies has a EJ w/ a blackwidow alarm, an autolock, that thing so you can take off your steering wheel (i forgot what the hell it's called, maybe steering wheel release :p ) and he pulls his ECU every night. only explanation i could give is they most likely towed that shit. when they found the car, all he had left was a steering wheel and a p28 :ph34r:

Pull your ECU, get a fuel cut off switch, get an autolock and a baby monitor for at night.

only thing i can suggest is a battery back up siren that way if they cut the alarm wires or the siren wires it stills goes off the only way to make it shut of is to break it
:burnout:

that is a good idea, or battery backup and diode resist the whole alarm system. That way power could be cut at the main source, and your alarm won't stop.

Hey, that's cheaper than I thought! I'm going to have to get one of those.

really, if someone wants it bad enough, they'll take it, but i've always like the durablitly and products of Viper, that's what i've got for my car.

Y'know, my goal is always to make my car more of a pain in the ass than the next person's.

Yeah Cal, that's a good buy. I bought one from that same link.

I have battery backup, interior and exterior sirens, a remote that buzzes and beeps, and a well designed and wired system. I also modified all of my lugnuts to prevent wheel theft. Trust me, both the lugs and the key are modified and completely "keyed" by me.

As a sidenote, when I bought my alarm, I bought a backup battery siren off of EBAY and it was junk. The siren worked fine, but I could not run it as intended because it chirped every time I hit the brakes or turned on my headlights. I resisted the power source and trigger wire to almost nothing, and it did the same. I just use it as a regular siren with no constant power. Bring earmuffs to my party.

Back