What are the best springs for a B16 CRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Citizen_Insane

I have made up my mind and will be buying some Tokico Illumina shocks for my 90 CRX. I already have a b16 swap and want to get into AutoX. What springs should I run? I don't want a drastic drop, just the added spring rates for better handling. I REALLY don't want to drop more than 1.5" because I want my ground clearance.

What springs would be best for my setup?
-Thanks

Check out eibach sportlines, I know a lot of people who run those with tokikos and like them, I would run them for your first season of Auto-x's and then switch to something like the tein SS, or some other coilover set up.

I was gonna suggest Tein SS's but they are not exactly a cheap item.

I'd go with what maaseyracer said and get the eibach sportlines, they are probably more along your budget.

What about H&R Race springs? Would they be too much for Tokico Illuminas? They are rated pretty high ~460lb/in front ~350lb/in rear.

I thought the Sportlines lower close to 2 inches. He said he didnt want to go lower than 1.5 inches. The Pro Kit lowers a little less than 1.5 in the front and I think 1 inch in the back.

coil overs allow you to corner weigh.

Not something all that important until you get really serious about AutoX/Tracking.

Most of the time they offer no benifits over a properly valved shock for your spring rates.

I really don't want to lower my car much anyway. Could I just reuse my OEM honda springs? Would it still handle well?

[edit] Will 92-95 civic Eibach pro-kit lowering springs work on a 90 CRX?[/edit]

what about neuspeed sport series. I beliee its like 1.8", 1.5" I got race on my sol with tokicos and its works just fine. Little scrape here and there on high sidewalks

I have the Eibach Sportlines and the Tokicos and I like them a lot but I do not auto cross, sorry not much help there.

Back