What are these?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
Included with the GSR head I got from CarAudiophile were seven of these:
gallery_24518_204_1101417180.jpg

gallery_24518_204_1101417277.jpg

That's me holding one up next to the rod thingie that holds the...um...lifters in place. I can't think of what theyre called...blah.

Anyways, I have no idea what the fuck they are. My closest guess would be wristpins, but there's seven of them. :shrug2:

Mods feel free to move this to whatever forum, I don't know what the fuck they are so I have no idea what form this should go in.

:blink:

edit: The head was all in pieces, so I had to put it together (or rather, put what I have of it together :angry: )...A friend of mine had a 99 gsr head that his cams locked up in (assembly lube ownz j00), and I stole everything that my head was missing from his...and there is NOTHING on the head assembly that resembles those tube thingies.

My only guess is these things, since I"ve never owned a bseries head.

s3e715e5648b0f.jpg

Nope...those are the dowel pins...

gallery_24518_204_1101419093.jpg

That's the mystery part, next to my GoldenEagle LS/VTEC dowel pins. Way bigger.

:huh:

No Idea then.

That was a shot in the dark.

wrist pin, or possibly a block to tranny support nob thingge... but i dot know why it would come with your heead...

Way too big to be a tranny-block support dowel pin.

I guess it must be a wristpin...which brings about the next question....

Why the fuck are there seven of them?

And even more than that, why the fuck do I have them?

generosity?

HA....if only you knew.

they look a tad small to be a wrist pin. Heres an idea, IM CarAudiophile and ask him what they are.

I did. And believe me, I've got a LOT more questions for him than what those things are.

Originally posted by EXtremeAccord@Nov 25 2004, 09:56 PM
To make them lucky. *starts to research what a wrist pin is*
[post=422289]Quoted post[/post]​

the wrist pin holds the piston to the connecting rod.

Those are just the simple dingledorf shafts, they slide into the quazimuliplicator rods to help in the advancement of the naicron adjusters for the metapartical system...You only need 6 of them, I guess the 7th is a spare, so hang onto it and keep it in the docodemo pocket next to the nondemo pocket pouch near the head. They were quite rare in that era, only a few models had them. I think the manufactures were way ahead of their time when they released them to the public consumer.

:lol:

My docodemo pockets are all rusted out.

Hey, just my 2 cents: With 1 in the middle, around the emissions shaft, and the other 6 on the outside (inside of the emissions shaft's outer radius boss) ... add a little grease... And they become Muffler Bearings !

-> Steve

Clayton clearly knows nothing about engines, Steve nailed it. :lol:

Also, a great replacement for the Jackson Rod, which needs to be replaced every 1337 miles.

The head was in a Bin with some other stuff.. There was anothe guy here that I had him box everything up in the Tote to send out.. We have alot of extra parts laying around here and those just of must of ended up being in that tote..

Back