What B-series Is Better For Autox?

What would be better for auto-x?

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

smurf bnms

I am going to to fully build one of these engines up in a year or so, but I have enough money to do either of these swaps now. Since the difference between the motors is around $700, I would like to know what you guys would do. If you think the B16, what would you spend the money on? I am keeping the motor NA for sure. I already factored in matinence items. I drive a '93 civic hatch btw. Some people say you need torque for auto-x, but others say you need revs. Is the B18's extra torque worth the $$$ or should I rev it w/ the superior r/s ratio of the B16? What would have more potential for the price. I'm just looking for opinions, thanks.

with an engine swap you will be tossed into a higher class and basicly have no chance of ever winning.... but other than that id say go with the B18C1

Blanco, do you plan on swapping a motor? or do you have a '99-'00 Si w/ a B16 or a del sol w/ one? If you swap the engine, you'll be bumped in Street Mod (provided your chassis fits into the rules). In street mod, you can pretty much do anything to the engine. Read more about it here. This is the class were talking about and you pretty much have to be a superb driver to compete. BTW, a civic w/ a B18 was the SM champ last year, and it usually set quick time of the day, if you dont count shifter-karts. The Florida state champs SM class was also won by a civic using a B16.

b18c5

you want torque, and you want high revving...

plus you want LSD.

Originally posted by 1991AccoLudeCoupe@May 2 2003, 10:48 PM
Hey man, something's wrong...I didn't see H22 on that poll. :D

But then again I am a "H22 whore" and extremely biased :worthy:

Peace, Theron <_<

h22 + hatch + autoX != good.

I'm not sure how easy the H22 swap is? Do I have to do anything major (i.e. cutting stuff)? Won't that add too much weight to my front end and cause the car to understeer more?

Originally posted by K2e2vin@May 3 2003, 06:07 PM
only get a h22 if you have a four-door car.

why do you need a 4 dr car ???- i have h22a and planning on putting it into a 96 hb so tell me more about it thanks

Originally posted by smurf bnms@May 3 2003, 10:09 AM
I'm not sure how easy the H22 swap is? Do I have to do anything major (i.e. cutting stuff)? Won't that add too much weight to my front end and cause the car to understeer more?

an h22 only weighs liek 75 more pounds than a b18, but i heard that get an h22a only if u wanna go fast in a straight line...so i dunno, but i wanna swap an h22 into my sol though...

Originally posted by K2e2vin@May 3 2003, 06:07 PM
only get a h22 if you have a four-door car.

assclown.jpg

Ok, that random post not only sucked ass, but made no sense as well.

Whoever even mentioned an H22A in an autox thread should be shot from close range. I agree with Chet for once, go with a B18C5.

Back