what brake upgrade??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PLA5151

I have had my H22A in my 96' civic HX since last September, since then I had to get my brake pads and rotors replaced in January and it seems they are going to need to be replaced again very soon....I was told that I should look into upgrading to an EX braking system and getting aftermarket rotors and pads for that.....anyone know what that process will involve parts wise or if someone may know another alternative to help it would be greatly appreciated....thanks in advance

IMO i would go with the powerslot plus rotors and the hawk pads after the change

i agree with the gsr change out but after i would go with the powerslot plus like i already said.......extra stop power

dont bother with the slotted bullshit
just get brembo blanks for half the price and stick with the hawk pads

i have hawk HP+ pads and brembo blank rotors on my sol and have no problems with braking EVER... 5 track days... several autoX... a shit load of VERY agressive driving

slotting is to protect against glaze, hawks dont glaze
dont waste your money

Originally posted by VTECPOWER@Aug 5 2005, 09:02 PM
I would go with a gsr brake setup on all four corners, best bang for the buck, check out www.hmotorsonline.com, they should have what you need.
[post=536442]Quoted post[/post]​

is there a specific year gsr I need them from?? anywhere that offers package deals on what I need?

try to find one of the same year, but i believe 94-01 will work
you'll need most everything though.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Aug 15 2005, 12:24 PM
I thought you needed the entire rear LCA and shit?
[post=540380]Quoted post[/post]​

That just makes the swap a whole lot easier, which I would recommend anyways for simplicity.

Originally posted by B16+Aug 15 2005, 08:06 PM-->
Battle Pope
@Aug 15 2005, 12:24 PM
I thought you needed the entire rear LCA and shit?
[post=540380]Quoted post[/post]​

That just makes the swap a whole lot easier, which I would recommend anyways for simplicity.
[post=540484]Quoted post[/post]​

not so easy if the REAR TRAILING ARM(not lca) is bent or damaged and you dont know by looking at it.

no you dont have to replace the whole thing.

Originally posted by VTECPOWER@Aug 13 2005, 09:26 PM
Buy it off of any 94-01 integra gsr, check hmotorsonline, they usually have something.
[post=539790]Quoted post[/post]​

where on the website is there a package deal?

Look under "What's New"
SiR-G GSR Front Brake Setup. - Includes Rotors and Calipers.
$75.00

SiR-G GSR Rear Disc Conversion. - Includes Ebrake Cables.
$175.00

Originally posted by VTECPOWER@Aug 16 2005, 08:06 PM
Look under "What's New"
SiR-G GSR Front Brake Setup. - Includes Rotors and Calipers.
$75.00

SiR-G GSR Rear Disc Conversion. - Includes Ebrake Cables.
$175.00
[post=540949]Quoted post[/post]​

thank you much

Back