what burner do i buy ?????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dok

i am new to the chipping game i have been swaping motors for a long time but don't know a thing about chipping and i think its time i do i was look at moates.net they gat a few burners but i don't know which is the best for me i really just want to start with p28 with stock programs like p72 p30 and move around the vtec and move from there what do you guy think i should do and were do i get progams from help pleas!!!

ok i am getting the burn for sure but what is the moates ostrich is that a program and were do i get it

the ostrich is a romulator. you can get it at the above linked moates site

the ostrich is a romulator i know i sound stupid but what is a romulator i am new to this where can i get more info on all this

I want to put in chips i just download crome the free version i just don't know how to send the info to the chip burner or how to mod the program for bolt ons like headers intake,etc

ok i became a member to moates.net but i can't find the welcome your talking about

The welcome part is a different site that you can get factory maps from, they come in the form of .bin files. The moates site is completly different. The welcome site is the pgmfi.org site.

Just click on the blue words it will connect you directly to their website thats why I went out of my way to type out their complete address. ;)

sorry man i didn't really think of that but i think i know what your talking about know i am going on the site right now

I want to put in chips i just download crome the free version i just don't know how to send the info to the chip burner or how to mod the program for bolt ons like headers intake,etc

are you sure ur not just trying to make some ripped off chips? This quote makes it sound like you dont know much about the subject which is pretty par for that course

your right i don't know much about this thats why i want to learn as for the ripped up chips i wouldn't een know were to start with that

ok, sorry dok, i didnt pay attention to ur posts and stuff. Tuning for mods is pretty much trial and error, you check the AF ratio, go leaner/richer, check drivability, then use a gtec, make a 1420 run, or use a dyno to really close in on the best timing curve for a good tune. I used to tune ecus for motors when they were on a dyno STAND, and i got poor results once the motor was in the car. Usually the 0-60 time (on a gtec) will give you a good indication of the direction you are going with ur tune

and remember, none of this can be done without a wideband 02. Imagine playing darts blindfolded. Thats how accurate your tune will be if you play it by the seat of your pants. (unless you can hella read plugs)

Last edited:
thanks alot guys i will be reading alot after finals i hope to be burning before summer is over

Back